What is this? (Pic inside)

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Hello peeps,
Would like to enquire the function of this canister and what it is called. Anyone?

13072010229.jpg

look like it situated between upper clutch pump and lower clutch pump right? kind of hydraulic thingy.. never see this b4.

C99D-MMC5537,
Yeah its in between master and slave...no idea what it is hence asking around.

TitanRev,
It's from Eclipse gearbox.

freeman1314,
I was guessing too but need an answer :D

Not sure, but i guess it reduce the force that u need to apply at pedal to engage the clutch. just guessing..

looks like some kind of aircond part....
where does the steel lines go to?

nope....it was on hydraulic clutch line....

i think it was expander unit..to smoothen out clutch pedal feels....and removing it IMHO would result in more direct clutch pedal feels....but i'm no expert...pls ask others about it... :adore:

Last edited:
Danz,
Its in between clutch master and slave pump. Wondering what it is.

pomen,
We were guessing its a clutch pump booster or some sort like that...thus would like to get confirmation from sifus here.

p/s : Is there any product in the market which helps soften pedal feel of a racing clutch? Looking around for one if there is any. :D

or could it be a reserve pump, whereby if the master pump fails, the reserve pump will take over....???

Looking at it like that really looks like something like a hydraulic clutch booster to make it even lighter.

m a v [3] r i c k;4369686 said:
Danz,
Its in between clutch master and slave pump. Wondering what it is.

pomen,
We were guessing its a clutch pump booster or some sort like that...thus would like to get confirmation from sifus here.

p/s : Is there any product in the market which helps soften pedal feel of a racing clutch? Looking around for one if there is any. :D

bro, last time i notice at mudah.my someone sells oversize clutch slave pump for 4G9x series which he claim it can lighten the pedal feel for racing clutch. not sure either he got for other model or not.

C99D-MMC5537,
Yeah, that guy also advertised in ZTH but would like to know whats that in the picture...maybe that will be better as its OEM...i believe its more reliable...but still yet to confirm whats the function of it, hence looking for answer here.

maybe u can try the clutch with the thing in the picture 1st..
then try the clutch without the thing..
if booster sure got different with & without it..
if no different better stick with the OEM part..

slipar,
Yeah but the car is still not completed yet...just curious of the function and hope to get an answer here :)

just a guess but it looks like an adapter for the gear solenoid...mystery...

it's a hydraulic pump which help to lighten the clutch pedal feel...is it in wira?

Top Bottom