W124 E500 - W200

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
ok... here goes nothing...
ok guys just wanted to ask u brainers.. will it be possible if the engine of a W124 E500 be planted on a W124 E200?
will there be space and how ill be the convergence? any major problem will occur? what will be the cost and does anyone know where i can get it? i kno in fact that the W124 E500 engine is a V8 engine but is is possible???? please give me answer.. im dying to know...:adore: :adore: :adore:

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
erm..... so i take it its impossible to replace the engine then???

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
as far as i know - can. i cant prove it but common sense says it can be done cos even a merc 6.0 V12 can be fitted in a 190E.... easier if u have a halfcut.

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
what do you mean by it is easier if there is a halfcut?? most people said to me that you can change any type of engine but it must be the same model.. but some may say that it depends on the engine it self and how it is placed inside the hood. im confused.. if u do have answer please let me know coz im desperate for answers.. imagine an engine tuned by either AMG or BRABUS is installed in an old merc chasis.. that be cool...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if u can source a 500E halfcut, that would be great as u can just transfer everything (engine, tranny, engine harness etc) to ur E200. that would be a lot better than sourcing just the engine+ tranny combo and trying to make it work.

personally, i think 500E engine is really worth it (if u can find it first) because it's one of the most reliable engine ever produced by merc. i have experienced the torque of a merc 5.0 V8 in a S500 coupe. impressive! the power delivery is smooth as silk! oh, and left me sticked to the seat...

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
eventhough i found one, the could be problems in planting it into the engine bay. having said that, there are other stuff need to be considered aswell.. because of the massive power, the breaking sytems, transmission etc have to be changed. this is what other people have said.. what do you think.. is it really possible to plant this engine and have minor problems??

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
do u know what is a halfcut?

i mentioned that buying a 500E halfcut would be better because a halfcut comes with brake calipers (front), stock 500E suspension, stock 500E transmission etc...

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
oh ok ok.. yeah i do .. but to find one will not be easy as its rather rare here in M'sia these E500.. to find a halftcut its going to take long..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
well, finding a halfcut will definitely take a long time (even when i was looking for my rb25 halfcut which is available everywhere). but starting ur project with loose parts without a halfcut wlll make ur car stranded in workshop for an even longer time...

find a halfcut bro. it'll be worth the wait.

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
that is absolutely true... i had that experience one and it took me around 2 month.. my car was stranded in the workshop and leaving me with my 1nd car which is not so briliant. thanks for the advice bro. i will let u kno on the progress.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The lads at Autocar magazine really do have one of the best jobs in the world. They recently put together a "test" comparing some of the fastest cars in the world, including the Bugatti Veyron. Other cars include the brand new Lambo Gallardo Superleggera, Audi R8, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, and the Aston Martin DB9 with Sports Pack.
While this video isn't a review per se, you do get an idea of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience