W E L C O M E to M A C ! ! !

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Hi everyone! New Airtrek owner here.. got a silver 2003 turbo. Still waiting for it to arrive from Japan .. very low km 35000. Glad to find an active forum here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Hi No not so many Airtrek in Australia... I've never seen another on the road here.. but evo's are quite popular. We did have the non turbo Airtrek (outlander)

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, I've been reading this forum quite abit and really got myself convienced to get a JDM car.
Unfotunately, I'm so torn between the Caldina Gt4 and Airtrek Turbo.

Performance, well I'm guessing both has similar power outputs and weight (on papers), it doesn't really matter to me at all since they're really on par (Caldina has 4 speed auto while the Airtrek Turbo has 5 speed auto tho).
BUT it seems that Caldina is very limited on mods due to its transmission(??) so I'm guessing there isn't much to be done for future plans.

Looks, I feel like the Caldina has a way sleeker look with that low roofline, an essence of shooting-brake while the Airtrek is literally a crossover which means it has more practicality.

Interior, I've YET to actually sit in one but once I'm back in KL I'll do it immediately. By looking at the pictures, I feel that the Caldina has a better design compared to the Airtrek and boy do I love the Recaros too.

The car will be my daily and of course, my opinions above may change once I got my hands on each car. But I'd like to know your opinions on each car too (if you have driven any) or maybe one is alright.

Anyways, I've been constantly frequenting mudah and apparently there aren't many Airtreks there (neighbouring regions). The are some that's been modded (TD05 I think) and is it better to get those or a slightly modded one?
Do let me know if someone you know is selling one too!

Thanks so much guys and can't wait to join the pack!

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
s.marzs. welcome to Airtrek forum.

Caldina surely looks a lot more sleek than Airtrek. However in terms of modification and reliability, Airtrek wins hands down due to it's roots from Evo. I've seen some pushed to over 450hp without breaking a sweat and mine, I should have around 300-330hp in crank. Anyway.. good luck on your search (and I am selling me too)

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Hi guys. Many months ago I posted about importing an Airtrek. Well after many delays it's finally here! Very happy with it - super clean, stock and 37,000km from new IMG_20161210_163539.jpg

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
very low mileage....
Yes, kind of crazy.. going from the records the last few years it wasn't driven much at all. Anyway I have plans to slowly upgrade things.. First is stereo. Just fitted new head unit.. next is component speakers and amp (focal). IMG_20161211_155739.jpg

03Airtrek

Aug 3, 2016
AU
Get your ride full basic checkup and replacement parts if necessary. Guide stated in post #199.
Thanks for link. Yeah but already gone over and done. Needed front shocks which were replaced and one cv boot.. Other than that all good

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro, I think many Airtrek owners have sold their cars... just like me. So that's why it's pretty quiet at times.. Probably age is catching up, I do not miss this car as much anymore... I am enjoying my boring yet practical HRV now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

started wit the design process

printed design layout

confirming size n adjustments

spray mount on layout n stick on to sticker n start cutting slowly

once finish first cutout, stick...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience