Valentino Rossi to Ferrari: "I'd take third Ferrari"

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
Valentino Rossi to Ferrari: "I'd race third Ferrari F1 car"

Right before his season threatening crash during practise for the Italian Grand Prix, multiple time MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi openly expressed his interest to drive a third Ferrari in Formula One.

The multiple champion of MotoGP racing has long been linked with a switch to F1 with the Italian team, who have been pushing strongly for a change of rules to allow three-car entries.

Italian Rossi, 31, is quoted by La Gazzetta dello Sport as indicating he does not want to enter formula one as one of Ferrari's two main drivers.

"To have a strong team like Yamaha's (in MotoGP), Ferrari should hire Sebastian Vettel alongside Alonso," he said.

"I would like to explore the possibility of a third car for myself," added Rossi.

Rossi also spoke publicly for the first time since his leg-breaking accident, when he addressed his home Mugello fans from hospital just before the start of Sunday's Italian Grand Prix.

Rossi fractured his tibia during a Saturday morning practice crash, and underwent surgery in Florence later that day.

The 31-year-old was well enough to request a TV to watch the race, and spoke via telephone to journalist Guido Meda, with his words broadcast live over the circuit PA system.

“I want to thank everyone at Mugello and also all the riders who have wished me well: it's always a great feeling,” said Rossi, his words translated into English by the official MotoGP website.

“The operation went well, Doctor Buzzi has been exceptional and they are treating me like I'm part of the family here.

“I have had a pin inserted into my leg and tomorrow they will close and stitch the wound, then we will wait and begin a good rehabilitation programme.”

The accident, a fast highside on entry to turn 13, appears to have been caused by a cold tyre - and left Rossi writhing in pain.

“They were difficult moments because it was a bad crash and a bad injury,” said Rossi. “I've watched the accident again and to see how my ankle looked was not a good feeling. There were a few moments of fear, but now I'm doing well.

“Now I can say my morale is reasonably high because I've discovered I have a great rapport with morphine!” he joked, adding “I hope nobody wins!” when asked about the race.

Rossi is expected to be sidelined for months due to the injury, and he confirmed he won't rush his recovery: “It will take some time, but the important thing is that I'll return at 100%.”

Meanwhile, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has offered to assist Rossi's recovery with some four-wheel training, telling the Ferrari website:

"Everyone at Ferrari is with you at this difficult time. We are sure that you will be back on track soon, even stronger than before.

"If during your convalescence you feel you would like to do some training on four wheels, then remember that the door to Maranello is always open to you."

Those words are unlikely to dampen speculation about Rossi and a third Ferrari F1 car.

Source: GMM;Crash.net

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
let's pray for Rossi to get well soon from his leg injuries.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi just want to alert everyone if notice Black Toyota Wish WTS 3345 nearby you guys please inform police.
the man drove into guarded garden next to mine and robbed two houses in span of 2 hours (valuable things robbed but no car missing). today the car drove into my guarded garden, fortunately spotted by the guard. all happen in Kemuning Utama (giant supermarket area).

for those living in guarded garden, their modus operandi is tailgate resident/visitor to pass the boom gate (in and out)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience