vacuum gauge low reading running on aircond

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
hi,

at idle the vacuum gauge stays at 21 mmhg but when aircond is switched on, it dropped to somewhere around 16 mmhg

is this normal? if it is, can someone explain how running on aircond at idle decreases pressure drop inside plenum?

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
hi,

at idle the vacuum gauge stays at 21 mmhg but when aircond is switched on, it dropped to somewhere around 16 mmhg

is this normal? if it is, can someone explain how running on aircond at idle decreases pressure drop inside plenum?
Hi upon,

Think you mean low pressure indicators, don't you?
Manifold gauge is widely used in these days, if compared to vacuum gauge.

If you usually drive the car, the low pressure will be around 80-90mmhg. When the air cond is switched on, the low pressure will dropped to around 30-50mmHg.

Hope this helps. :)

"Don't find fault. Find a remedy. -by Henry Ford"

Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang (Car Accessories)
Tel: +603-62582552 Email: [email protected]
Address: 649, Jalan Ipoh Bt 4, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Working hours: 8.30am - 7.30pm (Mon-Sat)
Website:SYKT. AKSESORI KERETA SUNGAI WANG Facebook: Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang Lelong: sgwangacc

About us
Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang has long established in 1982 and located at Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur. We are experienced in car accessories, car audio system and car alarm system installation, car windows tinting and also air conditioner service. We ensure our qualified employees are skillful to cater to every automobile and fulfill all customer needs.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
im not sure how to relate to your terms coz im a noob so enlighten me :D i have installed a vacuum gauge in my car where the vacuum hose connects to the plenum.

at idle, i get 21mmhg steady, and acceleration wil give a jump to 5mmhg close to 0 atmosphere pressure which is normal

but when compressor kicks in, it jumps from 21mmhg to 16mmhg and went back to 21mmhg after compressor stops

so im trying to figure whether the compressor takes in air from the manifold for our aircond?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Ithink it is normal condition. When u turn on aircon, aircon bypass valve will alow more air to enter into manifold. This will result idling speed become higher but vacuum will ber lower.

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
i see... thought the gauge you mentioned is used by the technicians/mechanics :willy:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi!! I own a Satria Gti. Now currently modded with hotbits extractor, mid pipe and exhaust. I also changed the stock filter to K&N. Now im thinking of installing TD04 turbo. Can i install the turbo without changing anything, cam piston,etc? Is there any risk? Help me sifu out there!! Thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience