V6 convert to either VR4 RS / EVO

Speeddy Gonzales

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Selayang
hi to every CAR enthusiastic out there ........

I’m a newbie to this forum and I really find this forum extremely outrageous & informative

A wonderful job guyyyyyyyyy

Here I would like to know the pros and cons of a perdana currently running on a 6A12 engine from Mitsubishi Eterna,
& quite interested of swapping the current engine to a
VR4 (RS) 240hp or a EVO III 270hp engines model..... if I’m not mistaken about their hp’s

So sifus sekalian, any comment, feedback or news of owners that have used or currently running on this 4G's engine on a perdana..... Cause I have came across a handful of Perdana conversion’s running on 6A12TT but not on a 4G93T or 4G63T & Owner’s plz share your experience & advise as i planning to transplant my engine.....

As for the engine mounting positions do I need to modify all of it positions or a couples of them. Recently while surfing the net JPJ.org, I notice that modified mounting positions would not be approved by JPJ. So guy any advice on this as anyone done it

How much would it cost?????? The entire process of the transplant either for a 4G93T or 4G63T Hopefully I got the 4G RIGHT cause sometimes I tend to confuse myself .

Or is there any website that I could refer toooooooo

So guys & sifus... Plz.... Your opinion serves as a great guideline for me ....
so thanks all sifus in advance

cheers

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
yea go for the 6a12t...or if u can get a 6a13t is btter..the 2.5 model...is hard abit to get one actually...but if u get that..then u fly boy...;-)

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Don't go for 6A12.... if u can afford it, drop in an evo or a fully overhauled VR4...

If u go for 6A12, u might be happy with the power in the beginning... then later on u'll find out that upgradability is very very limited!!! CAn't get cams, can't get adjustable campulleys... if pnp have to pay for 2 heads... etc etc, the only thing left to play with is the turbine... one which u CAN'T get too big turbines or boost too high because its almost impossible to find stronger internals.

So unless of course u're planning to just plonk in and drive without modding... dun go for the 6A12... go for 4G63. Is a very smooth engine no doubt, a very good cruiser... but not much room for improvements.

If u're REALLY interested in plonking it in... I can intro w'shop for u.

e*terna

May 18, 2005
KL
alvin24 said:
Don't go for 6A12.... if u can afford it, drop in an evo or a fully overhauled VR4...

If u go for 6A12, u might be happy with the power in the beginning... then later on u'll find out that upgradability is very very limited!!! CAn't get cams, can't get adjustable campulleys... if pnp have to pay for 2 heads... etc etc, the only thing left to play with is the turbine... one which u CAN'T get too big turbines or boost too high because its almost impossible to find stronger internals.

So unless of course u're planning to just plonk in and drive without modding... dun go for the 6A12... go for 4G63. Is a very smooth engine no doubt, a very good cruiser... but not much room for improvements.

agree with alvin24....go for vr4rs or EVO...you can save a lot of money and gain a lot of power...mine perdana with 4G63T...go for it...

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
e*terna said:
agree with alvin24....go for vr4rs or EVO...you can save a lot of money and gain a lot of power...mine perdana with 4G63T...go for it...
Sorry havnt read the replies.

Wanna know, mounting Evo/VR4 fit Perdana?

e*terna

May 18, 2005
KL
ambayah said:
Sorry havnt read the replies.

Wanna know, mounting Evo/VR4 fit Perdana?
i'm not sure if using the V6 engine...but mine using the 1st gen engine 4g63NA...then no problem if you convert to 4G63T...no need to modified any mounting....same 4G63 right...

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
e*terna said:
i'm not sure if using the V6 engine...but mine using the 1st gen engine 4g63NA...then no problem if you convert to 4G63T...no need to modified any mounting....same 4G63 right...
Dude, you use some kind if messenger?

Really interested in having a speak with you if youre not busy.

PM me ok.

Thanks.

2slow2steady

500 RPM
May 22, 2005
p.j
dont go for vr4,go for evo straight.mounting same...upgrade also easy....6a12tt can be upgraded..but must spent a lot..
if u go vr4...still have to upgrade a lot of stuff...come to top speed....v6tt still better.can evn challenge evo....

PAIPON

Known Member
Apr 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
go for evo!!!

alvin24 said:

YES! 110% AGREED WITH ALVIN24!!! if u got extra budget, go for EVO3, u won't regret.

Speeddy Gonzales

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Selayang
Thanks guyyyyy's

really very helpful, but has anyone face any problem's with JPJ during inspection & does anyone out there actually running on a EVO 3 stock engine on a perdana model.

Plz share ur experience

cheers

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,
Notice the heavy chasis of V6, right?. If install 4G63 (Evo 1-Evo3 chasis), donno whether power to weight ratio will effect much, as compared to Wira 4G63 (lighter engine). May be we could option to 4G63(Evo4-6 chasis). But yet, donno the mounting is ngam or tranverse!. Need to check V6 which side the timing belt is!.

Other suggestion, try to look for half-cut Galant year 2002, carrying chasis EC7A. That one is 6A** 2.5cc 4WD TT. I've test drove 1 unit unreg. before. Melompat beb!. Hmmm...& again. donno mounting ngam or not!

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
A friend of mine drop in evo in his perdana sei... the mounting have to mix and match, but no mounting mods done. If i remember correctly, 2 bijik mounting from sei, 2 bijik mounting from eterna V6 (eterna V6's mounting and perdana's V6 mountings are different)... something like that lar... can't remember exactly which mountings he mix and match.

Impossible a modded 6A12 can even come close to a modded 4G63.... due to parts availability... so many things u can play with a 4G63, there are so many performance parts made for this engine model... hks, greddy, crower, tomei, mines.... u name it, they have it... this is because its a PERFORMANCE ENGINE.
6A12 on the other hand... hahaha... i doubt u'll be able to even find a set of branded cams.

Speeddy Gonzales

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Selayang
Thanx ALVIN24

4 the infor, but has your friend any advise or problem's when he took the car for inspection, did they actually questioned him anything about the mouting's

Need advise

Thanx in advance

cheers,

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
No questions asked... as I said, the mountings aren't modded... they're OEM so its confirm pass... cc also remain 2litre mar... he actually drive his car there on his own to do the inspection... his perdana fully bodykitted summore and with stickers everywhere, tinting, exhaust summore... still pass ma. =Þ

One thing however... he never changed his rear brakes... so they're stock sei brakes... they told him that his rear almost failed the brake test... his fronts are using evo7 brembos... obviously no problem there. Hehehe...

He paid a runner to arrange everything... if i remember correctly it was around 300 bucks like that lar... to settle the arrangements, bookings etc... so he just drove his car there for inspection, then drive back once kau tim.

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
How about the brakes. Can I fit my EVO3 brakes in Perdana? Is that recommended? Or better use standard perdana brakes?

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
for better brake performance use the evo7 brembo la..can fit in just nice..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another first for Malaysian grassroots Motorsports, SSO this time will be held at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium. But, what else would you expect of the crew that bought you SSO Danga Bay and SSO One Utama? After 3 rounds the Championship is still up for grabs...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience