Turning radius

mahin_kumar

HI. I jus changed my iswara's front disc brakes to a pair of VR4. It fitted exactly under my 14" rims.
The problem is that i am not getting the turning radius that I used to get wit the standard brakes. My mechanic said that nothing can be done(or adjusted) as the disc brakes are huge.
I cant take u-turns as i used to.

Please help.
Can the turning radius be adjusted to be normal ??

Thank you people :)

HI. I jus changed my iswara's front disc brakes to a pair of VR4. It fitted exactly under my 14" rims.
The problem is that i am not getting the turning radius that I used to get wit the standard brakes. My mechanic said that nothing can be done(or adjusted) as the disc brakes are huge.
I cant take u-turns as i used to.

Please help.
Can the turning radius be adjusted to be normal ??

Thank you people :)

ur tie rod fixed from the top or bottom of ur knuckle??...

its at the bottom.
Comparing wit the standard disc, the join where the tie rod ends for the VR4 disc is inner towards the engine by around 1.5-2".
i did ask another mechanic, a guy who modi cars for rallying(francis motor-klang), he said tat it shud not affect the turning radius. i really dunno who to trust.
expertz out here at ZTH shud be more trustable i guess :))

:driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver: :driver:

its at the bottom.
Comparing wit the standard disc, the join where the tie rod ends for the VR4 disc is inner towards the engine by around 1.5-2".
i did ask another mechanic, a guy who modi cars for rallying(francis motor-klang), he said tat it shud not affect the turning radius. i really dunno who to trust.
expertz out here at ZTH shud be more trustable i guess :))

:driver:

ur tie rod should be fixed from the top... ask ur mechanic to rebore the tie rod lubang at the knuckle so ur tie rod can be fixed from the top...

one question, doesnt ur steering feedback feels weird after changing to vr4 brakes with tie rod fixed from the bottom??.. especially when going over uneven roads....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom