car turning into aquarium.Please help

killa626

Known Member
Sifus,

I am having a serious problem with tmy civic year 1996...everytime it rains my drivers` side floor gets flooded and the is this big pool( and i mean POOL) of water just stagnant on the floor..it spreads right to the rear passenger side too..and thi shappens only when it rains...i opened up the cvers(near the accelerator pedal), to see whether there are any leaks but did not manage to find any..i simulated pouring water near the wiper, inbetween the fenders, on the windows but all thiese experiments failed...i am dumbfounded and lost...please advise me guys cuz its really driving me nuts!!!!!

bring ur car to those car knocking fellas...they might help u out...

check on yr weather strips, door run channel rubbers and sometimes as some bro said, the windscreen sealants also important....if u has yr windscreen changed and glue not properly applied....leaks will occur too.....

bro it could also be coming from underneath....the only way you can find out if its coming from underneath is by taking off your seats,and remove the carpet....check if there is any holes.... near the gearbox or handbreak area can also cause the water to spread down towards the floor drive and passenger side...

thats why when it rains..if you hit a puddle the water comes rushing in...therefore spreading all over your carpet interiors....

i would also suggest you check the wiring harness coming from the engine into the car. the dust boot sometimes is pried open when mechanics want to run a wire to the engine bay. in some serious cases, they have been known to cut the boot which causes water to seep in. hope this helps.

guys,

Removed the seats, carpet and all the others to have my interior to be :naked"....i did this to locate the source of the water to seep through and it is coming from the windscreen side...when i run my water hose at that area, it is a waterfall near my accelerator pedal....so, i took a drive to my ketuk shop and told him...he checked and said that the windscreen gam has worn out so he has to re-gam it...hope after this no more aquarium scenario in my car....

Now that you have found the source...it shouldnt be too hard to solve...i believe it shouldnt be a prob bro...

just dont use the ciplak windscreen sealant, its will become soft and sticky during hot sun, get the brand 255.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom