softmuffin

Known Member
hI there turbo kaki,

I just wonder can you all tell me izzit possible for me to installa a turbo kit
for my satria 1.6?

Block 4G92
4G93Head
1.6 sohc ECU

what else do i need or must i change to a turbo engine?

How much it will cost me?
please advice

A lot of thing u need to do. Prepare 15k at least.

The other way is find a good GTI engine then bolt on supercharger.

hey bro,
where you from?

our club got one fella running the same setup as you said..
why not join us and share opinions? heheh :)

kevin62 said:
A lot of thing u need to do. Prepare 15k at least.

The other way is find a good GTI engine then bolt on supercharger.

Wah... 15k ?!?! WTF?!?!

Turbo kit can be done for around 3k plus minus... depending on how good u are on sourcing cheap stuffs... then tuning wise would depend on how u wanna do it.. got lotsa ways to do the tuning... one of the cheaper ways is to get GSR full wiring+ECU... then later on get it rechipped... else you could always opt for piggy back ECUs like emanage or SMT6. Maybe you can join us at pro-hatch... there's people who can help u. One of our member proton 4G92 bolt on DOHC and bold on turbo as well... I also got laa... some experience in this... but i think it would be easier if u come out and talk... too many things to explain, and i'm sure after that u'll have damn a lotta questions.

Come for our TTs laa... then we talk summore... search for our thread in the proton/produa section of ZTH... under satria owner's.

never knew SOHC ECU can drive a DOHC engine... interesting, learn something new everyday.

ya la, kevin62... mana perlu 15k for bolt-on on his setup?? maybe if everything new, probably so.

just like alvin24 said, GSR Wiring+ECU but i am not sure how the piggyback will work. ehe, if got a little more, can save up for EMS better. bear in mind that you will not be able to boost high as the internals would need strengthening first ($$$).

bang for buck of course, straight drop in a 4G93T halfcut.

hI all,

thanks for all ur info ya..
myself from jinjang. jinjang boy ",
myself just into car stuff so still lots to learn.. lots of questions.

At first my ride is a ori 1.6 sohc satria, then get bored
change the sohc to dohc..

Now get bored again.. after ride with Csx8213x, i'm super duper wanna get a turbo into my ride...

cheeers

then i would seriously recommend you drop-in a 4G93T GSR halfcut. save you a lotta money and more power as well. more avenues and stuff to mod, not to mention.

depends on individual lar... no doubt dropping in a GSR is way less hasstle... not to mention driving it in its stock conditions where it is problem free and reliable... and would probably still be more powerful than u dropping in a turbo into ur 4G92 there...

But then some individual prefer to play with their own engine... trying to push their engine to the very limit...! Sometimes mods are subjective... its hard to say who will be faster... and there's only one way to find out. =Þ

As for me... I also ventured into turbo kits before... had lotsa fun with it... no regrets at all doing it. =Þ But now me no more modding liau lar... change back stock and drive. =)

As I mentioned... if u want advice... come out to TT and talk lerzz... easier to explain 2u. =Þ

Since engine transplant is so common and cheap in Malaysia, go for conversion.

Turbocharging N/As is for individuality.

Harlo, once u had upgrade ur car waht else u need to do?

A lot of ppl knew how to upgrade the car's performance but dunno how to brake.

I know for the turbo kit is around rm3k-rm5k. But when u come to problem after upgrade then u need another money.

For me just drop in 4G93T enough. Better than bolt on turbo in stock engine.

4G92 should already have front + rear discs... so its more than enough to brake regardless of turbo or no turbo... unless u go for high boost... just drop in twin pot brakes for the front... should cost around 500 bucks only maa.

kevin62 said:
Harlo, once u had upgrade ur car waht else u need to do?

A lot of ppl knew how to upgrade the car's performance but dunno how to brake.

I know for the turbo kit is around rm3k-rm5k. But when u come to problem after upgrade then u need another money.

For me just drop in 4G93T enough. Better than bolt on turbo in stock engine.

Yes, 4G93T stock oledi 180bhp.

Turbocharge 1.6 (stock 100bhp ), maybe get 130bhp oni.

Not required , it is too expensive than u buy a half cut. 1st if u put a turbo kit, the disc brake, ecu, injector, muffler, and also some inside part have to chage. This is because the stock engine can't support for turbo, it is too power. if ui put the turbo kit on ur satria, the engine sure blown.

softmuffin said:
hI there turbo kaki,

I just wonder can you all tell me izzit possible for me to installa a turbo kit
for my satria 1.6?

Block 4G92
4G93Head
1.6 sohc ECU

what else do i need or must i change to a turbo engine?

How much it will cost me?
please advice

Andres said:
Not required , it is too expensive than u buy a half cut. 1st if u put a turbo kit, the disc brake, ecu, injector, muffler, and also some inside part have to chage. This is because the stock engine can't support for turbo, it is too power. if ui put the turbo kit on ur satria, the engine sure blown.

You don't know much about turbo kits now do u?

-ArChAng3L- said:
hey bro,
where you from?

our club got one fella running the same setup as you said..
why not join us and share opinions? heheh :)

Hey bro,
How much is ur fren BOT to his car? And where he did it?

I went to TURBO SANG n he quote me RM6500 for BOT.

A low boost turbo kit can cost from as low as RM2000+... 0.3-0.4 bars of boost.

Kevin62, what does the RM6500 include?

ure using 1.6 already, go for conversion, get a full half-cut + rear discs, which may cost around 4 - 5k and installation 1 - 1.5k depends on the shop .. and all together is 5.5 - 6k only.

If u go for turbo kit, turbo kit itself already 4.5k and disc? ecu?, ure stock piston and head will blow off after a while. i think now u got me :)

have a wise choice, go get a GSR 1800 or get a VR4 if u feel matured enuf ;)

Zeroed said:
A low boost turbo kit can cost from as low as RM2000+... 0.3-0.4 bars of boost.

Kevin62, what does the RM6500 include?

IC of VR4, Stainless stell pipping for IC, Turbine, custom made banana, chip, Injector.

wat else we need to our turbo engine?

kevin62 said:
Hey bro,
How much is ur fren BOT to his car? And where he did it?

I went to TURBO SANG n he quote me RM6500 for BOT.

6500 is damn kau expensive... i suggest u go somewhere else and get it done urself... it shouldn't cost that much... as zeroed already implied... low boost is somewhere around 2000+ only...