Toyota Prius now RM35,000 cheaper thanks to government incentives - RM139,900 OTR

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
rm 70-80k? are u serious? what profit will toyota and the goverment get with this kind of amount?

reduction of rm3+k is great...but the big picture still sux big time. we're still being taxed thru our ars*holes and up our nostrils.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I really appreciate the lift of RM35k over the existing price man... I hate this government but I have to say that this time, they are making some good decisions. Many countries are already providing incentives for emission-less cars/activities. And now, it makes more sense to buy the prius as the savings from the fuel can more easily justify the higher price. With the previous price, it is ridiculous to aim for fuel cost savings considering the high price..

but then again... Shouldn't it be way freaking lower? RM135k is still expensive.... Is it priced like that also overseas? Not around 90k?

hksp

Known Member
Aug 14, 2004
import duties was given full exemption while the excise duty was given 50 percent reduction

excise ass duty, F gov

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

import duties was given full exemption while the excise duty was given 50 percent reduction

F excuse duty

cip

Apr 13, 2009
this happen when people views wander wild. ok lorr still get to see something right rather than nothing...

Daniel1688

500 RPM
Jun 23, 2005
PJ/KL
well... if the gov let imported cars to be sold below 100K i'm sure our national car's sales will be affected and alot of ppl going to loose their jobs and not to mention those upper level ppl will have to tighten their belts. All these duties, taxes are all to protect 'their' own people

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
those who bought it at the price tag of RM17xk will be crying now haha ... second hand value drop even more haha ... ouch :(

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This government does not print money like the Uncle Sam. Government rely on taxes to spend back to the public. If government no income how to build roads and other infrastructure for YOU?

You buy cheap car but no road. When government privatised, we complain about toll.
Maybe our cars are expensive but do we realized where the money goes. All the subsidies we swallow everyday from fuel to foodstuff, does the government complain on subsidizing all of us?

We can compare stuff with the US, but do we built aircraft carriers, space shuttles and sent thousands of troops to Iraq? If Malaysian government have that kind of fulus, why need to tax so much to build roads for us to drift about?

Think.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

well... if the gov let imported cars to be sold below 100K i'm sure our national car's sales will be affected and alot of ppl going to loose their jobs and not to mention those upper level ppl will have to tighten their belts. All these duties, taxes are all to protect 'their' own people
Protectionism - you think Korea, China and even USA don't practice that?

When you wrote - 'their' own people - it's like you hear this from someone who hear from someone who does not really know much . Who are these - 'their' own people - exactly? what sort of percentage are these people in this population we are looking at? Anything specifics? or you are just mumbling?

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
This government does not print money like the Uncle Sam. Government rely on taxes to spend back to the public. If government no income how to build roads and other infrastructure for YOU?

You buy cheap car but no road. When government privatised, we complain about toll.
Maybe our cars are expensive but do we realized where the money goes. All the subsidies we swallow everyday from fuel to foodstuff, does the government complain on subsidizing all of us?

We can compare stuff with the US, but do we built aircraft carriers, space shuttles and sent thousands of troops to Iraq? If Malaysian government have that kind of fulus, why need to tax so much to build roads for us to drift about?

Think.
I agree with EVERY single thing you say bro. BUT... if u look at the recent AG reports, the government is using our hard earned money to buy RM 15,000 LAPTOPS and RM218 Screwdrivers.

Malaysian government dont Print money but they sure spend the RAKYATS money like they are printing it buy the bucket load every second.

If thats where my taxes are going to then OMGWTFBBQ.

Peace

Ejal s15

Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
honestly,we have to change G...they doing something new here and there for their own benefit..not for us. ok la...only a bit for us....this is the fact.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I agree with EVERY single thing you say bro. BUT... if u look at the recent AG reports, the government is using our hard earned money to buy RM 15,000 LAPTOPS and RM218 Screwdrivers.

Malaysian government dont Print money but they sure spend the RAKYATS money like they are printing it buy the bucket load every second.

If thats where my taxes are going to then OMGWTFBBQ.

Peace
Waakkkkss, Rm15K laptops & Rm218 screwdrivers??? Seriously, that's price per unit for the laptop and screwdriver??

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
ok what..u buy this 140K Prius and people got confused with RM370K 370Z.......... merely the same look whatttt....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Waakkkkss, Rm15K laptops & Rm218 screwdrivers??? Seriously, that's price per unit for the laptop and screwdriver??
go to http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/general-talk/355127-what-is-your-gomen-doing.html

Munmax...maybe u should read this too...we understand the need for taxes but when taxes are misused, is it right to raise taxes to cover for these "mis-used" income n lets not even get started on tolled roads. NSE should have already breached equilibrium...but that was based on sticker price...how sure the cost to build it wasnt inflated for some side income? nobody can say it is true nor say it isnt. theres just no transparency.

oka887

Known Member
Jan 12, 2007
okayama
i don't know the prius grade sold in malaysia.. but as in japan.. the lowest grade and the best grade varies around 40k.. n that will be the best grade of prius sold here in japan is around 130-140k.. as the car sold in malaysia is around that also, i think it is a good buy if you want..

hksp

Known Member
Aug 14, 2004
seriously do u think mal will get the top grade prius ?? just look at the interor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,

I have a random orbit buffer from black and decker and i wan to try and polish my car with it. My car is silver in colour and the paint on the boot is terrible so I don't think ill make much of a diff if i screw up with the rotary there.

I'm using Otter Polishine and Otter Premium Wax.

Just clayed and polished my car by hand yesterday but still a lot of swirls, hence the need for the rotary.

Any tips for proper rotary usage? Pads?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience