Too much Negative Offset Wheels = Slight Wheel Vibration ?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
you can always visit precision factory and custom made one for you
Or can approach any company which supply machine part for factory. Most of the time they do custom parts/jig for machine using stainless steel.
I know one from Johor (if not mistaken). The lady said they have done has some custom job in bulk order and one off job for people wanting custom part (most of the time will be bracket) for their ride.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

Just came back from fitting a new set of rims with busted old tyres of mine that i am still keep it for emergency use, thank god i am still keeping it so i can immediately put it to use. I speed up to 190 km/h just now, looks like the rear seat vibration is rectified and now mostly is the steering wheel vibration due to this old tyres can't be well balanced anymore. The centre bore is very tight fitting without the need of centre hub ring. I will fit in new 18' tyres this weekend and have another round of proper test driving. Hopefully this will solve the issue once and for all. {Picture below for the rim i am using. Its' from X3.
If fitting then no need the centric ring ......lol
I can't believe just 1.5 mm difference in centre bore can give me so much trouble. Is it especially sensitive to BMWs ?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I can't believe just 1.5 mm difference in centre bore can give me so much trouble. Is it especially sensitive to BMWs ?

actually on any car... hence u see many car with aftermarket wheel using the hub center cone....

and universal type spacer...also have risk of vibrate when using thicker than the lips on hub center bore...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
actually on any car... hence u see many car with aftermarket wheel using the hub center cone....

and universal type spacer...also have risk of vibrate when using thicker than the lips on hub center bore...
The previous wheels are manufactured on OEM spec, guess the finishing work isn't very good. With the 100% original rim, the fitment is perfect, strangely enough, i think the steering responsiveness just got sharper with larger wheels, although my current tyres are shit right now.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Dear All,

Just came back from fitting a new set of rims with busted old tyres of mine that i am still keep it for emergency use, thank god i am still keeping it so i can immediately put it to use. I speed up to 190 km/h just now, looks like the rear seat vibration is rectified and now mostly is the steering wheel vibration due to this old tyres can't be well balanced anymore. The centre bore is very tight fitting without the need of centre hub ring. I will fit in new 18' tyres this weekend and have another round of proper test driving. Hopefully this will solve the issue once and for all. {Picture below for the rim i am using. It's from a BMW X3.
imagine your rim, 1.5mm off, that translate to lots of vibrations... thats like a 3mm total vertical dif per rotation

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
imagine your rim, 1.5mm off, that translate to lots of vibrations... thats like a 3mm total vertical dif per rotation
Yeah but the vibrations are so violent that even i can felt it on my ass.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Without the centric ring there is free play, so the whole wheel is off center. Spinning at high speed equals vibration....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Without the centric ring there is free play, so the whole wheel is off center. Spinning at high speed equals vibration....
How about smaller lug nut on a hub centric rim ? Lets say if the hole is M14 but lug nut is M12?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yup, I saw your post on them. Conti uses screw to mount unlike most others uses lug nuts.....
In that case i think the bolt spacer should be sufficient to fill in the gap ? Or should i go with a stud conversion kit ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there,,pls help me on dis 2 things,,,
which one is better???wuts the pro n contra between them(emanage/afc)
fyi,i run 4g93p(gti)
n can i know the requirements to install dis piggyback??
tenks~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience