To Service or not to service, Thats the question!!

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Guys ..... and girls ( if any!)

Need your advise.....
My car is due for routine 5000KM service.
Last service I put in semi sentec oil.

THe problem is, I will be away for 3-4 months and my car wil basically lying there ideal for 3-4 months.
I will unplug the battery cable and leave the car there ideal for 3-4 months ..
apart of that .. what more I can do to ensure my baby can run after 4 months later?

Another question would be, should I service my car and let her ideal there for few months or I should leave it as it is and send for car service immediately after I am back from the project?

Need fast reply as I only have limited time to decide and proceed.. hehehe!

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
leave it there.. But remember to jack up ur car. I wonder after 4 months of static there....the tyre will spoile or not.
thats my opinion

jethrel

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Jul 2 2004, 12:32 PM
service also.

the oil can expire.
Yeah so best perhaps you need not service but perhaps ask a friend to come and check the car once in awhile? It'll be good to have someone just start the car like at least once a week rather than not having to start the car at all for whole 3 - 4 months. Trust me, you wouldn't want that.

When you return, just take your car to service and make sure the car is heated up before runnning it in.

Just my 2 Dunkin Donuts

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
thanks guys ... timedoes not allow me to send my car for service ... hehe!
Will take up the advise ask my brother to start my car.

Till I come back to KL, we shall meet in cyber world and I will continue to contribute al the yummy photos to everyone .. hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For the last part of 'The Dummies Guide', I'm going to talk about probably the most expensive of the lot - forced induction (FI). Generally speaking there are two types of FI :

1. Supercharging
2. Turbo charging

(And in some really adventurous cases, super-turbo-charging. Not for the feint hearted or the weak wallet)

The reason why I say this is the most expensive modification is this : I don't believe in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience