to owner honda prelude 2.2

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
hi, this is my first post in this forum.

the fuel consumption for an auto h22a prelude is around 26sen, nv engage vtec.

it is a fun and awesome ride.

cheers.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
26 cents per km izit??

anway, if 26 cents per km, the consumption is rather high...esp honda cars

JuizeeeBrain

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Equine Park, SK
actually prelude 2.2 vtec fuel consumption is amazingly low in the high cc category.

for stock, i used to achieve 15-16cents/km. now i upgraded a bit, the fuel consumption is still ok around 18cents/km.

before was rm80 ~ 500km
now rm80 ~450km

few simple things are important to note if you wanna achieve good mileage and this applies to all cars, not just prelude:

1) alignment and balancing must be perfect
2) use semi-sync or full-sync oil
3) use good spark plugs eg iridium type and plug cables eg ngk.
4) no leakages and that include oil, gas etc.
5) reduce car weight as well as yours ;)
6) a more expensive way.... use MSD ignition products

jan mata ayer

May 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi..i'm new..just registered...and i also like the prelude '92. for both la the looks and the engine..but i just would like to ask you guys especially those who own 2000 cc cars, is it true that the fuel consumption is high? and another thing is...what do you think of old integras...which one is better prelude or integra? :flute::flute:

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
hi..i'm new..just registered...and i also like the prelude '92. for both la the looks and the engine..but i just would like to ask you guys especially those who own 2000 cc cars, is it true that the fuel consumption is high? and another thing is...what do you think of old integras...which one is better prelude or integra? :flute::flute:
i cant comment much on the fc coz my prelude's fc is very high compare to others auto member. Mine is auto. My friend is able to achieve full tank 450km with automatic transmission.

But, get manual la, more power and low fc :burnout:

old integra means DC2?

During pickup, i think integra will lead, but during highway, then who's ur daddy:biggrin::biggrin:

when comes to performance part, prelude 1 is quite hard to get, compare to B series.
and expensive.

May 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
actually prelude 2.2 vtec fuel consumption is amazingly low in the high cc category.

for stock, i used to achieve 15-16cents/km. now i upgraded a bit, the fuel consumption is still ok around 18cents/km.

before was rm80 ~ 500km
now rm80 ~450km

few simple things are important to note if you wanna achieve good mileage and this applies to all cars, not just prelude:

1) alignment and balancing must be perfect
2) use semi-sync or full-sync oil
3) use good spark plugs eg iridium type and plug cables eg ngk.
4) no leakages and that include oil, gas etc.
5) reduce car weight as well as yours ;)
6) a more expensive way.... use MSD ignition products
i always having problem with steering racks leakgages on mu BB1 ..is it normal?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

recently,,i had survey,,and wanna buy a car...
i attrctd to honda prelude 2.2...
but the cc is high...
just wanna know the fuel cosumption...
please give me the detail...(km/L) @ (L/100km)
(refer to the car:Cars for sale in Selangor - Mudah.my)
mine is BB1 , engine H2.2A...but i like to drive fast ...my fuel consumption from Kuala Sg Baru Melacca to Alor Setar cost about RM 120 (Ron 95)...but I always engage with V-TEC..

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

i cant comment much on the fc coz my prelude's fc is very high compare to others auto member. Mine is auto. My friend is able to achieve full tank 450km with automatic transmission.

But, get manual la, more power and low fc :burnout:

old integra means DC2?

During pickup, i think integra will lead, but during highway, then who's ur daddy:biggrin::biggrin:

when comes to performance part, prelude 1 is quite hard to get, compare to B series.
and expensive.
which one is better? G reedy - emanage or Honadata? why ?

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
i always having problem with steering racks leakgages on mu BB1 ..is it normal?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

mine is BB1 , engine H2.2A...but i like to drive fast ...my fuel consumption from Kuala Sg Baru Melacca to Alor Setar cost about RM 120 (Ron 95)...but I always engage with V-TEC..

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

which one is better? G reedy - emanage or Honadata? why ?
Depends on ur set up, e-manage is more than enuf for a stock prelude.

If ur prelude is moderate modded, go for HONDATA babeh~~ :biggrin::biggrin:

but for your info, emanage is just a piggy-back that tipu the ecu.

HonData is a standalone ecu, means it replace the original ecu.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
My H22A manual consume averagely 550km-600km on full tank (around 55 litres).
It was 90% city driving and 10% highway driving. I drive below 4k rpm most of the time (except some vtec-ing here and there).

I must say, I'm quite impress by its consumption (taking into account its 2.2L).
The abundance of torque (for its NA category) plus its close-ratio 5spd gearbox really helps in town driving. Thus, contribute to low fuel consumption (as for me).

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Damn.. where did you guys hide? Been looking for H22 on the road but very less.. BTW, i'm a H22 owner too but in a different chasis.. my best achievement is RM50 -> 280km (rm2.90 per liter ron97)...

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
Damn.. where did you guys hide? Been looking for H22 on the road but very less.. BTW, i'm a H22 owner too but in a different chasis.. my best achievement is RM50 -> 280km (rm2.90 per liter ron97)...
izzit, i always on the road roaring / rolling :driver:

where u from?

my best achievement.....err...RM50 RON95 = 200km......auto h22a....:rolleyes:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Jakk .. RM50 RON95 = 200km......auto h22a .. How you achieve la

lewis26

Known Member
Nov 29, 2005
loose,
u never roll with jakk b4 dint know how he drive.
wait till u roll with him then u should have rough idea of the reason.
i should run b4 jakk shoot me.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last weekend i went to j.b with a collegue of mine.He brought me along a couple of workshop in jb.The usual evo and vtec's but one car caught my eye..

dont dare to take more pics...later the owner kecoh :biggrin:
Wondering if there anybody else done this before?coz i'm interested in doing something similar to this..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience