To All PERDANA Users....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

demonz

Known Member
May 25, 2004
Puchong
Guys and gals....n also all perdana sifus...

I am planning to get perdana....
Need your advice on the maintenance and also about other stuffs like fuel, performance and anything else which u guys wanna share wit me....

For you info i planning to get 2nd only.... :D
1st gen car...

Any advice or suggestion are most welcome...

Cheers.... :P

CATALYST29

Nov 23, 2004
perdana is a good car..in terms of performance i think its quite powerful but in terms of fuel..hav to double confirm..coz it sucks fuel like how human drink water...unless u don tekan la..haha

davidlim

Dec 8, 2004
if the engine in good condition,no need worry about the fuel problem.
about performance,cant say as fast car,but cant say as slow car too,depend on ur demand lo...
:rolleyes:

qencing

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
my mum has a P. V6 n after 3 years of driving this is whut i think
u will have the power...
in terms of handling not very good... steering acts to fast at high speed(120>)
space in side good... alot of leg room n sit 5 person still no need to squeese(avrg size la)
fuel also not to bad for 2.0 V6... full tank can reach around 500+(depend on driving)

problem with most P.V6 - gear box tends to jerk when gear change

if u r asking bout perdana sei i donno... never had the luck to drive 1

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
perdana...good...spacious...most luxurious among proton car...
gearbox is the main problem...
my mum used 2 have a perdana wit mitsu 6a12 TT...sold it off coz it gave so much prob....mostly due 2 the gearbox....replace 3 gearbox in 1 year!!!

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
A BIG NO NO.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT TO MENTION SEI MODEL.......im a Perdana owner. go for others car...

demonz

Known Member
May 25, 2004
Puchong
Thankx for the reply guys....

Is it the auto/mannual which is giving the prob...?
Coz i m planning to change it to m eventhough i get an auto g/b...

Between V6 and 2.0...which is better in terms of maintenance (also the g/B)...?

Cheers

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
if anything, i'd choose the SEi model. the V6 badge alone makes spare part shops bump the prices up a few notches higher :D Power wise, i'd say the power is OK la...the 4 cyl can pecut really fast whereas the v6 model has a liiiittle lag in power output.
and i'd agree with the others on the automatic gearbox issue...my bosses car has had 5 of them in already. :blink:

legroom for this car is alright, but i find the roof at the back to be a little low...if i sit up straight at the back, my head will be pressing against the roof!!!

my 2 sen :)

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
hi, nak selit sket.

avoid any perdana auto (E55 GL/SE)at all cost. normally, poorly maintained and after a while starts to give u problem. unless, u r prepared to strip and rebuild the transmission back (which is at a cost), replace with a used auto trans (aiyooo! high risk oso!) or juz swap with a manual gearbox.

perdana's 4 cyl 4G63 SOHC engine is oso known for reliability problems. one chinese foremen advised me to avoid. but u can alwiz look at alternatives like 4G63 DOHC NA or turbo or better still 6A12 V6. becoz the 4G63 is only SOHC, power output is circa 120bhp (agak2 laa..) while V6 in standard normally aspirated non-mivec spec produced 150 horses at the wheel. but V6 engines are known to be lazy (no torque at low rpm) thus poorer acceleration compare to the 4 cylinder and higher fuel consumption.

with regard to design, the first E55 galant eterna (JDM only) first produced in Japan in 1992. it is very old in design and if i am not mistaken, there are olredi 3 new galant models after that. but it is still nice ride; go for perdana V6 with lotus touch. the low profile 205/55 R16 rides hard but softer springs compensate. earlier 4 cylinder model average to drive, not for spirited driving.

equipement is good, power everything (steering, windows, mirrors), SE has autocruise and ABS (V6 oso), standard all disc brake (ventilated in front) and front fog lamp(useful in heavy rain or thick fog). leather seat depends on ur taste. it can get ur bottom cooked after parked in hot sunshine, and may get slippery (try brake hard and all occupants slip onto the floor) but looks better than normal upholstery and easy to clean.

to mod perdana is easy enuff, many chop shop selling spare parts. ten year old perdana (1995) should be available below 40K. beware though, after 12 years old it will become hard to finance, so harder to sell and will caused value to drop giler2..

gud luck 2u!

p/s if budget 40K for perdana SE, why dont buy kelisa? if budget 60K for V6, why dont buy new waja or gen2? new gen2 now comes with twin airbag and ABs at 58K...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
pretty much agree with zan bro. try to avoid the Sei model is possible. the engine reliability is really an issue here. dun think of 6A12TT engine auto gearbox give u any better reliability. its the same weak. yup, the 4G63 SOHC power output is around 110-120hp.

zan bro,
may i know can local halfcut shop easy to find 4G63 Na DOHC? i was thinking to spend some amoutn to upgrade to V6 engine. thought V6 engine give better performance but quite suprise now to find out that no torque at low rpm and respond is poorer thn Sei. i thought wanna upgrade to V6 mainly for this 2 reason.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Originally posted by normality78@Feb 22 2005, 23:29

zan bro,
may i know can local halfcut shop easy to find 4G63 Na DOHC? i was thinking to spend some amoutn to upgrade to V6 engine. thought V6 engine give better performance but quite suprise now to find out that no torque at low rpm and respond is poorer thn Sei. i thought wanna upgrade to V6 mainly for this 2 reason.
hi normality,

i am in melaka. in kl i dunno laa..but in my region not easy to find NA version of 4G63. i got an offer from muar at Rm2,800 (half cut) before install (my price lerr). i think demand is low for such engine.

actually, u r rite V6 engines giver better performance becoz its lighter than straight six (shorter block and crankshaft, less main bearings) of similar capacity but definitely more powerful than 4 cylinder of same capacity(4 power kenot lawan 6 power maa, sumore smaller piston means it is lighter and can rev faster than equivalent 4 cylinder).

it is a fact that v engines do not produce torque as fat as straights, i dunno why. maybe our frenz in mech engineering can help explain. that is why, mercedez and BMW prefers straight sixes until only recently mercedez cars available with V6 engines. try testing any V6 auto car and u can feel the laziness (this includes perdana V6 and the 2 tonne Kia Carnival/Naza Ria).

but any 6 cylinder engine at any time sound better than a 4 cylinder. hv u heard naza ria V6 noise? its delicious!! try listening to A32/A33 cefiro V6 (2.0 n 3.0), MCV20 camry V6..even perdana V6 oso sounds terrific. after that cuba dengar alfa romeo V6. meleleh wa cakap luu..

juz, dun match V6 with auto tranny laa..i think V6 manual sure ok wan.

p/s sori topik lari...

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
yep, agreed wif u dude....V6 change the air filter..voila!!..damn syiok man the sound and it'll sound even better if u do the exhaust system...;)

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Wah..... the 4G63 Na DOHC seems ex to ne. Hehehe, i mean the price is compareable to V6 engine halfcut also. hm.....

yeah, i've heard some V6 engine sound. heheheh, must admit... damn cun...

demonz

Known Member
May 25, 2004
Puchong
Thankz normality78, zan and guyz for your reply....

What is the price range for h/c V6? I've heard about 5K, is it standed price or high....
Any comments on 6A12TT....i also heard that 6A12TT was not encourageable....what u guyz think? Coz i've never seen much perdana user going for it...they seems to prefer V6 or 2.0. This is just my observation not sure huw many people using it. Is there any other option other than those type of enjin?

Cheers...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
good car. full tank can go around 450km normal ethical driving. comfortable, quite good handling, power OK, but better buy a spare gearbox when u buy the car. if the gearbox breaks down, u dun have to look for it.

owned it for a year (bought second hand 1995 SEi auto), gearbox changed once.
the car really trouble free, apart from normal maintenance...

demonz

Known Member
May 25, 2004
Puchong
Damn gearbox is the prob here. There is no other way than changing the gearbox ahh? Can just change to any other better gearbox....any suggestion?

Cheers....

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
5 yrs 1 gearbox still ok. i only scared every year 1 gearbox. whahahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can someone help by tellin me, izzit Gti or Detamaso seats can put in the Kelisa? i afraid that the seats gonna cover the handbreak & block the gear even i change n make a custom "tapak" for the seats. Coz i plan change it before raya laaaa haiya so confuse.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience