Titan's Pillowball Mounts

are your uniballs covered? protected from the elements?

mine isn't and the bolt's rusting already! EeewW~ changing those to stainless steel bolts.

Changed the bolts on Day1 itself. The mild steel el cheapo bolts don't hold up to well to the elements...

now if only i can change these with hand tools.. (it can't, i tried)

hehe :P

our Proton Wira/Satria/Putra castor pillowball topmount.

tests proven that these gives you about 4.5deg (total) in castor and this maximises tyre contact patch at all times, especially during corners.

:)

Last edited:
Stan... would you care to mention what kind of tests? I'm sure this info would be a benefit to all.

er er..

Battousai-sama,

i would LOVE to tell you,
but currently they who did the testing would have my neck for publicising them all over the NET.

but i can say, they're a BIG corporation. And reliable guys too.

*no more hints*

custom pillowball on Sonata 92
(luckily it's the same as vr4...need customised the screw hole only)

357616_42_full.jpg

hey man,,,
can the pillowball fit my kenari???? i mean the adjustable camber1. can custom? the strut bar ther so small. how can fit?

hi speedline

if you have TiTANs, you don't need to adjust the camber on top, as the top hole is too small to move, if at all.

YES, we do have for the Kenari/Kelisa.
it's in-fact, the same as Kancil, RM650

Woops, guess I'm a way bit late on this discussion. But really interesting talk you guys have here...

Anyway, Stan, any idea if you can service the HKS Top mounts? Specifically the bearings if needed .. cheers.....

Alucrad/Jack

aiya
possible, but... the bearings used are okie quality only.. and too small! (tested by us, worn way too fast, same brand and spec)

Stan, are you talking about the HKS bearings or the titans ones. I taught that you're using larger ones? Anyway the HKS ones are about the same size at the Tiens, Cusco etc etc ...

Noted! and Thanks.. Jack :)

Alucrad

HKS, Cusco and others are using almost the same NMB uniball, reputed to be damn good.

we had a Tein Uniball, pressed that out, yep, NMB. We got then sourced for a identical NEW NMB uniballs and fitted with TiTANs.
the buggers barely lasted 6months! not to mention the excessive freeplay! :blink:

we then hunted around, and finally we got some SKF bearings that are HUGE and are lined with a PTFE lining.
lasts pretty well, so far no complains! (i'm also a user)

how about for civic ek?? got any? price? thinking to install this uniball and ultra racing frint strut bar...

we don't have those (EK) but we can make :)
about RM650-700

PM me for all your goodies :)

Originally posted by cyborgsabah@Dec 6 2004, 13:58
stanley,
do you make rear pillowball mounts for satria/wira?
thanks...
nope

but we can..

RM600 i think

Muhahahaha! I installed Titan Pillow Ball Mounts for my E33A! :D

Special feature? Maximum castor! Wah! *DROOL*

After the installation, I could not sleep at all... already 2 days...

Even got up at 5.30AM today to take the car for test drive around KL city district - famous for its terrible road conditions. :P

Verdict? I find the suspension much firmer and absorbs bumps better. Handling has improved tremendously. As for noise? None so ever... in fact, I have already found a suitable rubber cap to cover up the pillow ball (with bearing grease of course). :D

So happy... happiest day of my life...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom