This disc/rotor is from which car? Can mod into EG? Anyone can help?

id recommend getting performance pads straight...something that lasts til around 500C.

I asked maddriver (LYN) about his 500C Rapid Stop pads and he said it should be good for about 10 laps around SIC before experiencing brake fade...thinking of getting this from him since its only RM270. ive used the RS pads before on my kelisa and they were pretty good...definitely bang for buck

i really dont think stock pads will be enough to handle SIC coz i assume the brakes will go way past the operating temperature of the pads.... since the stock pads are more meant for normal daily driving and not lots of hard braking.

i dunno wat pads im using now... but even after a few hard braking (after VTEC-ing) i start to experience fade and also the brake smell....

Hey mADmAN,

Rapid Stop pad is from which country? And can we get it in Sunway?

dunno from where....and dunno can get in sunway or not...

but heres some links for u to check out...

Rapid Stop Web Page
More info & dealers (as u can see, Karamjit Singh is one of the dealers) plus a quite abit of feedbacks here
I would buy from this guy (maddriver) read the last post on page 1 of this thread) plus a quite abit of feedbacks here as well

if u get the 550C (not 500 like previously posted) do let me know how they perform with ur BB1 rotors.

also, more info from my queries abt the pads with maddriver

@maddriver
was looking through the RS website and theres EK9 Ultra (800c) pads listed @ RM500.

i guess for track use these should be very suitable right? but wat about daily drive? does it eat discs?

i would assume huge amounts of dust from that pads too right?

wat about the 550c pads? suitable for track use?

madman.....550 degree pads good for 10 laps around the track, recovers fast after going past it's operation temp range, and good enuf for everyday use, 800 degree pads good for track, but squeals, eats discs, very dusty and needs warming up, not really recommended for everyday use, unless u driving a r35 skyline or something like that......

just thought of something... if the 550c can last 10 laps...on normal setup..

wat if i had air ducts from the front bumper with hoses directly going to the brakes? how much longer can last? and would this setup be ok for street use? or will the pads be to cold?

n where should i direct the hoses?? the calipers? the rotors in front of or behind of calipers (rotationally)? right smack at the bottom end of the rotor???

never tried it before, but if u wanna have air ducts, point it at the contact area of the pads to the rotors....... that might help......

ok....so after searching the marketplace...found some crossdrilled and slotted rotors from improve meant for the FD2. its 282mm...just need to re-drill to appropriate PCD to make sure it fits...

he also said for me to come over his place....bukak my rotor and compare for size n offset to ensure can ngam....if ngam... kasi beli :D

unfortunately, income tax is next month...so all money going to that one first. damn...i really wish income tax was in january/february so that i can use my bonus money to pay the damn thing :(

Top Bottom