The Future of Speeding

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

keshy

500 RPM
527888205_362101f2b9.jpg

I remember the first time I watched I,Robot, it was all pretty cool but I felt lucky to not live in an anti petrol-head era like that, though the Audi made me feel otherwise but that’s a different story. I found it hard to comprehend why you could not drive the car you paid for but that was just made worse by the fact that it was against the law to do so. Which brings us to our story; very soon it will be just that, you will have no control of your car though for now its just going to be you not having any control of your speed but that’s only for as long as our cars take to evolve to accommodate such technology.

Our current technology only allows speed to be regulated by a GPS system, a mass enforcement is being headed by the government of Canada. Transport Canada has developed a new system that makes it difficult or virtually impossible to exceed the speed limit. The device engages a GPS system and a speed limit map coupled with technology that caps a vehicle’s top speed based on the legal speed of the road being traveled. So if it’s 60 km/h, there’s no way you’re going faster, wonder what they’re going to do with ambulances and emergency vehicles. For now, Canada is looking to install this system on the vehicles of serial speeders and reckless drivers, but the technology could make its way into every Canadian vehicle.

So how long will it take for this technology to be implemented I,Robot style? Well the movie was released 4 years ago and look at what they have came up with already, I’m guessing 10-15 years, 30 years before it reaches our shores, guess we’re good for now.

errr...so, u can't "potong" other car la like dat??? all have same speed..

imagine empty road, u r in hurry to go to "jamban"..speed limit, 40kmh..WOW!!

now our boss can estimate EXACTLY how much time we need to reach our workplace and will accept no other excuse....

Top Bottom