thai HKS wastegate.. how much it can hold?

how to differenciate the Thai HKS wastegate n the real one? Coz i got mine fr fren of mine who took it out fr halfcut. But some opinion fr other sez its a fake...some sez its ori...which is which?? help needed...

im running my 1jz on a 1980 toyota corona...b4 this i was driving a civic eg with
b16a. ther was a time wher i was tinking whether to turbocharge tis car and strenghtened d internals..so i start to do research... and i find out tat d sohc 1.6 (not sure whether vtec or not) turbocharged with quite fair amount of $ around rm10k (for everyting) i can see d figure on dyno touches 240whp.... and i had personally tested a soch vtec turbo with 196whp and seriously it can relli giv a good pull to the car.....but i drop d idea as i know if i throw slightly more i will get another car to drive with d amount of energy tat i had wanted ...

but the numbers are not reli anyting great to prove as im sure that on 0.7bar which is around 280whp on my 1jz will certainly kena smoke big time with a 240whp civic for sure.. bcuz i definitely doubt my car will anyhow outrun civic at d 4th gear of that boost...and for me the torgue figure on d dyno is wat i concern most as it involved streetability of my car..... and since im getting 55kw at 4-4.5k rpm it already more than enuff to throw any streetcars at the traffic light...

oh ya.. for d waste gate.. dun need to worry much if u are not running a huge turbine on it... even with high boost lets say 1.5bar... ur thai waste gate still can take it when u install a electronic boost controller.....im runing on garret t70 turbo for my 1jz but i never modify d housing or hybrid any other fin inside is bcuz of tis matter as well ... im afraid my wastegate cant take in d preassure for that kind amount of air .....(im using thai Trust waste gate...LPPL only with d HKS thai... haha...)

500 whp vtec turbo with 2 bars boost,d thais wastegate 40mm still can do d job for him...

renxun said:
but the numbers are not reli anyting great to prove as im sure that on 0.7bar which is around 280whp on my 1jz will certainly kena smoke big time with a 240whp civic for sure.. bcuz i definitely doubt my car will anyhow outrun civic at d 4th gear of that boost...and for me the torgue figure on d dyno is wat i concern most as it involved streetability of my car..... and since im getting 55kw at 4-4.5k rpm it already more than enuff to throw any streetcars at the traffic light...

QUOTE]

I guess if you go for a short distance test with charged civic, then the chances are slim but if you go further and when traction is not a problem, then for sure lower HP will got smoked badly by looking on your WHP dynoed figure...i thing i know bout sabahan is they re are TOYOTA lover freak!he he he, I like the mod oll schooler toyota s in Sabah, they really can GO and fly...

keong_GSR said:
500 whp vtec turbo with 2 bars boost,d thais wastegate 40mm still can do d job for him...

Wa lau weii.. 2.0bar?? 500 whp? local here in MY? daily driven?? or competition only? That is one hell of a beast out there..

EG6SiRT? said:
Wa lau weii.. 2.0bar?? 500 whp? local here in MY? daily driven?? or competition only? That is one hell of a beast out there..

Its a Drag Car and you can see it at previous Sepang Drag Battle, its a white CRX from East Coast. GT35R Inside!

Another Blue EG Hatch Vtec Turbo at the Last SDB..... but i dun know whats inside. But all Bling2 parts... Anybody knows about this Blue EG Hatch?

woohoo...
that white CRX was 500whp? It a pity to see the road was not fully dry, and i think he got no traction. And the time clock board was not functional so i cant read their timings. 500whp on a crx??damn!
lilvee,
how do you know its runnin 500whp?you know that guy?or mouth spread?East coast? Terengganu mari??

Blue EG..no idea..but tractions seems to be the enemy for both of them that nite i guess..

keong_GSR said:

EG6SiRT....

I guess mr keong know him better... If not mistaken, his nig is Nazli97.

i'm using 50mm hks thai wg with custom A/R0.70 turbo on my e2... boosting 1.5 bar all the way to red line... no problem at all... thais make very good wg these days... and its cheap too... never tear the diaphrame before but if it do burst, the new replacement diaphrame is quite cheap...

it's from kelantan. n from my foreman workshop as well...n 500whp dyno n tuned in GT auto,sunway... i've sat on tat car b4 but boosting 1.4bar... with 16 inch n advance neova,1st,2nd,3rd n 4th spinning like hell... it's a daily driven car... sadly no air conditional... but heard d owner going to put back d air con... :-)

hell yeah..daily driven, the crx? for body that light and that kinda whp, traction is will not come easy...is he in ZTH?

keong_GSR said:
it's from kelantan. n from my foreman workshop as well...n 500whp dyno n tuned in GT auto,sunway... i've sat on tat car b4 but boosting 1.4bar... with 16 inch n advance neova,1st,2nd,3rd n 4th spinning like hell... it's a daily driven car... sadly no air conditional... but heard d owner going to put back d air con... :-)

Thats why the Quad Stage Boost Controller was invented.... :X-: its for a killer FWD with big power!

eg6 n lilvee,

yup,daily driven... d owner nick is nazli 97...
there r many daily driven 500bhp monster in kelantan now... putra,wira,LE,crx...

Excuse me for asking this, can i fit a wastegate on my stock subaru engine?
Im driving GDB ver8 suburu. Car is stock standard except for downpipe and exhaust.

Right, are you saying its not advisable to fit a wastegate to a stock turbo car?

I just got the car for about 5 months or so, and i'd like to get to know few things that can be done to make the car more powerful WITHOUT any harm to the turbo. The more i read about this wastegate the more i want to know.

faddd,

wastegate doesn't make hp... unless u 1 2 boost ur car till d max... stock autuator i think can support till 1.3bar... if u 1 2 make ur car power,why dun u try and upgrade other stuff such cams pulley,ecu...etc...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom