thai HKS wastegate.. how much it can hold?

LevinTE27

Known Member
i current using this 35mm thai HKS wastegate, the boost can be adjust from the top screw of he wastegate.
but how much can i go? now i had tighten it up to 1bar only, the screw was 50% in. how much can this bov hold? i looking for 1.5bar max, but worry to blew the diaframe.
who using this? pls let me know how much u go.

or can i use original HKS diaframe on this wastegate? where to get it?
lastly, anyone ever swap a harder spring into this wastegate? what spring can be use?

Last edited:
mine using 45mm. 1.5bar no prob.
a fren using 50mm..above 1.5bar no prob.

the newer design of thai wastegate can withstand boost very very well.
the old design i use last time cannot withstand boost above 1.3bar

hope these help :)

thanx bro.. i will turn the screw all the way down tommorrow.. kekeke..

Thai wastegate can stand boost well.

The thing about THai wastegate is the rubber diaphram.

THe rubber diaphram tears prematurely and causing boost leaks and over boosting problem.

However, some are using for years without problem but there are some who had to change diaphram frequently.

If got budget, go for Tial or Turbosmart.

Seldom heard TIal and Turbosmart wastegate having problems and their silicon diaphrams are very durable.

how about original HKS diaphram? can it be use on thai HKS?
thai wastegate is damn cheap man, i get it juz less then 400.. change it yearly also no problem. kekeke..

i've run the TIAL 35mm w/g up to 2bar before...daily too...no probs wit it...
proven to be reliable and consistent.. ;)

LevinTE27 said:
thai wastegate is damn cheap man, i get it juz less then 400.. change it yearly also no problem. kekeke..

How much is the THai diaphram?

I heard it was RM100++.

Last time my fren Wira EVO3 changed 3 diaphrams within 1 year for his Thai wastegate. He bought the Thai 40mm "Trust" wastegate for RM400 oni. But he spent RM300++ for diaphrams excluding workmanship to take wastegate out and replace diaphram. (spent close to RM1,000 for the Thai wastegate)

Finally he changed to Tial and end of story.

Anyway, I got another fren using THai Wastegate and no problem so far.

Maybe Thai wastegate diaphram quality not consistent.

i also got a fren running evo2 on a gti, lasted 2 months before he changed to tial - end of problem

thais wastegate got many type actually...got grade 1,2 n 3... n some even got version 1,2 n 3...if around 300~400 got to change diaphram if want to boost above 1.2bar...if 400~500,1.5 bar no problem...my fren levin turbo used TIAL 38mm also leak...he boost 2bar...got to use HKS baru solve the problem... :D

LevinTE27 said:

yalah... how much da HKS diaphram??? and can it be used on da that hks W/G...?
maybe this can solved da diaphram problem for da that W/G .... :)

keong_GSR said:
my fren levin turbo used TIAL 38mm also leak...he boost 2bar...

if 2 bar, he should not have used 38mm.

Imagine trying to fit 44C bossoms into a 33A cup.

Make sense?

our taikor sdf used tial 35mm 2 bar also no problem leh... my fren 38mm 2 bar leak already...bought brand new from ss racing... :rolleyes:

Yes. at 2 bar pressure, 38mm wastegate will most deifnatelt leak because I think 38mm is smallest wastegate size in Tial range.

WOW!?! SDF's 38mm wastegate still holding even at 2 bar?!?! Tat show TIal wastegate can really hold boost well.

WOW?!? 40psi with 35mm? tats COOL.

Why dont ask you fren to try using bigger wastegate.

Assuming your fren's car is 2 litre, 35mm valve will bottleneck the exhaust flow at full boost.

Can you share info about your fren's ride? turbo spec and engine's displacement?

Anyhow, I think he stands to gain more from using a bigger wastegate.

Small wastegate and high boost pressure is similar to small turbo with hi boost pressure.

Last edited:
4AG turbo only 1.6cc leh but with 400bhp...damn power la!!!my fren 1 also around there,the maximum boost he up till 2.5bar,crazy!!!

TE27,

leekun still selling da bearing? ;)

Top Bottom