symtoms of a faulty alternator

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
hi all,

recently i realised that my lightings of my car is getting dimmer and dimmer day by day. I've just changed the battery yesterday and i found out that it's getting harder to start (slower crank) after few runs. could it be my alternator not supplying sufficient charge to the battery ?

thanks

4_wHeeLerS

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
in my case,when my altenator "kOnked" my apexi pen tt shows me low reading of voltage(11.8-12.0v) when the car is stationery and the voltage reading will increase as soon as u start moving..
also i can smell something burning from the engine bay..the smell is some sort like an faulty electrical part burning ;)

ntahapahapantah

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
my exp b4.. my radio reception gettin crazy.. sumthing radio light suddenly gone. then off course head light gettin dimmer, slow start (crank) also when i push break pedal my light gettin dimmer.

i'm also facing the same simptom like lozo except the burning part. if its going to failed then it will be my 3rd alternator past 3 years. Hmm wht can i say.. i like to shop at kedai potong.. ekeke. mayb after this i'll try to send for repair.

4_wHeeLerS

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
lozo said:
i smelt something burning in my engine bay...kinda bau hangit, especially during warm ups
ehehehe..how does bau hangit smells like la..??i forgotten already..bau hanyir i know la..hehehe

4_wHeeLerS

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
ohh ok..thanks lozo..if that's the case yeah its the bau hangit for my case..

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
may i know how much for a new and kedai potong alternator for kancil ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, issit true that if i adjust the coilover to very high thn it will have less compress room result more bumpy? My fren had a coilover on his car and adjust to the max high as the coilover allow. Coz even at highest point, his rear is only 2 finger gap only. But his rear is super hard. One of the friend said it could be set to very high hence the absorber got less room to compress
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience