Swapping dashboard

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Guy's,
Im looking to change my current dashboard (yr2000 ae111) to bzr dashboard. One of the sifu told me its not going to be a simple swap especially the ac control part. Any sifu can give any advise? Coz my mech i doubt he know anyting shit about it. ehahaha

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
if the button on the aircond controller same, then can rewiring the aircond controller..
i did on my corona with st185 engine and wiring. then i change to st205 dashboard which is using different socket. so, did the wiring on the meter and aircond controller. and after first trial, everything work except for air circulation(fresh air or recycle the air) and the indicator. the indicator maybe because i dont connect the +acc wire which is unavailable on st185 model..
maybe need to open and study the diagram one more time before can complete the swap..

if you ask for the simple swap, the answer would be no..
but if you ask either it is possible or not, the answer is possible..
just need some time to study the circuit, 1 solder and sucker and the rest is just rewiring and modification when necessary

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
This is my ori Dash (whn its new)

so i guess the more direct is by using GT dash right? which frm what i see is 99% the same.

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
the dashboard have auto function while yours dont have
so, the wiring maybe slighly different but there are also probability that it would match
need to see the connector at the back..

nnik

3,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Lembah Klang
wanna ask...
me got a set of this type aircond controller wif frame...
can it use for normal aircond for btop 5speed 2 door???
if not..wanna sell lah..

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
hopefully the connector the same.

actually im looking to put in Celica ST205 dashboard but i have been told the arm center console is almost impossible to find. normally halfcut those dashboard come without it

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
i think tom have st205 dashboard..
but i think without aircond controller and meter..

ahle@

1,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2004
malaysia
i have ST205 dashboard+aircond panel+meter for sale,all at good condition.pm me yr offer,thanks.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Dude, if can try not to swap the dashboard to 2-door levin/trueno model or celica coz on the long run, you're gonna have a lot of headache. Just get the GT FX meter console and swap it out with your original meter. Just my 2cents...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
pcmodding bro,
can share wat is the "headache" kind?

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
i also want to know what is the headace is about..
is it due to the wiring or vibration it creates?

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
normality, how about your dashboard swap project?
done already not?
for me, your dashboard is cun already
just buy GT meter and also double din + double din player will make your dashboard more nicer..
double din console will look like the pic below..

i think toms still have one more piece double din holder left

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
no, havent. Im still thinking should i go for Celica or GT.

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
gt dashboard not really different with your car dashboard
so, maybe you just can but the aircond panel and meter and put it on your dashboard..
or just put some carbon fiber sticker to the air cond panel housing and change into double din console..
if you go to celica dashboard, it is nicer but will require lot of modification
if you just swap the dashboard and using stock steering column, maybe need to cut comewhere and need to mod the location of the key..
some more, rewiring the meter and aircond panel is needed..
and also need to change the handbrake to the celica and need to mod to fix it into your car..
after completing all of that, it would be nice if you can share some picture..
good luck for your project

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
oh.. the reason why i wanna change dashboard is bcause my bro drove my car and had accident early this year. the side passenger dashboard pop out and the workshop did not do a good job on putting back the aribag cover. Its very ugly now. Now i cant peel it off nor make it flat which makes me thought of swap dASH

Last edited:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
owh..
that's your prob..
rewrap the dashboard will cost more than a price of a used dashboard right?
the things that you can do is painting the exposed sponge to the black so it would not be too noticable..
try ask some shop that can do dashboard wrapping if they can fix it without rewrap the dashboard..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am using black semi bucket for the past 6 montrhs and i have noticed that it's getting dirtier by the day.Mostly dust and small pieces of i dunno what.Is ther any DIY way to clean my seat ha?I vacuumed it but still got dust sticking on it.Like light brown colour.Anyone can help me wan?TQ. :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience