Suspension VS Chasis Bars/Brace

:motz: Yeah...I know....Damn con job bar....

Anyways, will try it out a a while more and do more hard corners while im at it. Then will take it off and see if is like what Izso said....:rolleyes:

Let me test your car with and without the bar for 2-3 hrs and I give you the result.
Just supply me with half a tank of RON97. Promise you I will return the car in 1 piece.
I said the car in 1 piece ok..the tyre is another story....

For front strut its very direct, u install and feel the different even when going through speed bump.

Don't be soo sad because I got my waja the rear lower 2 point bar which is just like your front bar...useless.so you are not alone.

Well i can feel your disappointment. But i can understand that situation that they need to verify. But come on....Common sense will tell you that the bar installed at the undercarriage will be subject to it being scrape or hit the ground and potentially lose the serial number tag. They could have just find another way to place the sticker (i.e. the inside of the bar, the side that faces the engine and not the ground).

But anyways, like i mentioned, this UR front strut bar for my car serves no purpose. I will no difference in handling or steering feel. So i am skeptical of their other bars for my car. Maybe other car is all done proper, but i can only say for my ride.

Taikor gunnerzz.....I appreciate your offer to help me weld, but i think is ok la....We just yumcha ok? No need to do any labor work :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

By the way, here are the links to the pics of my bar......

Imgur
Imgur

In my humble perspective, the strut bar you are using does in holding up the chasis however it is not an effective way. When you corner one side of the absorber travels up, thus pushing the chasis up too. Having a strut bar to hold the chasis might help, but the most efficient way is to mount the strut as close as possible to the absorber.

If you want to know whether the strut bar works or not, jack up one side of the car and see how much the absorber travels with the same amount of jack height travel. The stronger the chasis, the more the absorber travels

If you want to know whether the strut bar works or not, jack up one side of the car and see how much the absorber travels with the same amount of jack height travel. The stronger the chasis, the more the absorber travels

This is actually a very good idea. I never thought of that!

Let me test your car with and without the bar for 2-3 hrs and I give you the result.
Just supply me with half a tank of RON97. Promise you I will return the car in 1 piece.
I said the car in 1 piece ok..the tyre is another story....

For front strut its very direct, u install and feel the different even when going through speed bump.

Don't be soo sad because I got my waja the rear lower 2 point bar which is just like your front bar...useless.so you are not alone.

Thanks gunnerzz. I am very sure that the front strut is not doing anything noticeable. Its kind of a hassle to install and dismantle it as well as the location is not that easily accessible. In my previous car i had install a front strut bar b4 (Vios with Zenden). It is mounted on the strut tower. The feel is very obvious with it. Immediate feeling is the steering is stiffer and corner improve. Steering response also improve. But for my current situation, everything is the same like without the bar.

Hi cvkit17. Can you please elaborate more on jacking up the car solution? What should i be seeing or noticing when i do that? How to tell if the bar works or not when i jack on side of the car up? Kinda new here so not very clear on what i should be looking for when i jack it up.

Thanks guys

Erm.. Is your car lowered? If not the it would be easier..u tie a string on the absorber shaft, then jack up one side of the car. Don't have to jack up so much. Maybe few cm from the floor. After lowering it down measure the travel distance of the string. With strut bar the string should travels more.

cvkit17....Thank you so much for the explanation.....Really REALLY appreciate it....

But................I still dont get it :confused::confused::confused:

I am really noob at this :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Yes my car is lowered. So i tie a string on my right absorber. Then jack the right side up. Then lower it back down. Then measure the change in distance of the string??? Correct??

How would this determine my the bar is working? I mean, ultimately the bar i have is not even install on the strut (as show in the pics).

Thank you.

cvkit17....Thank you so much for the explanation.....Really REALLY appreciate it....

But................I still dont get it :confused::confused::confused:

I am really noob at this :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Yes my car is lowered. So i tie a string on my right absorber. Then jack the right side up. Then lower it back down. Then measure the change in distance of the string??? Correct??

How would this determine my the bar is working? I mean, ultimately the bar i have is not even install on the strut (as show in the pics).

Thank you.

well...TT maybe? then we can brainstorm and share opinions

well...TT maybe? then we can brainstorm and share opinions

I am ok with it. Can always arrange a time. But being kinda new to all these modding and DIY things, mostly i think you will be the one sharing the options. Hahhaahhahaha.

Oh! good, can fiddle fiddle his car. Now he think twice already.......hahhahhahahhahahahhahahhahaha :biggrin:

Fiddle Fiddle......Dont la molest my car wei..... :(

We can organize a dismantling TT :biggrin:

I thought you said brainstorm and share options TT??!?!?!?!

With bro. Izso and my set of tool should be able to do it. He wants to test with and without the bar....:driver::biggrin:

Just make sure my car is unharm and undamage and unscratched....

I thought you said brainstorm and share options TT??!?!?!?!

Just make sure my car is unharm and undamage and unscratched....

Brainstorm is theory only. Work or don't work, don't know yet so need practical......:rolleyes:

We got DIY engine, DIY detailing, DIY Plastic dip etc. etc....no problem one......but still no guarantee.......hahhahhahahhahaha:rofl:

Brainstorm is theory only. Work or don't work, don't know yet so need practical......:rolleyes:

We got DIY engine, DIY detailing, DIY Plastic dip etc. etc....no problem one......but still no guarantee.......hahhahhahahhahaha:rofl:

must open up to see punya ..

Initially i was looking forward to TT with the ZTH sifu's like you guys. But now......I am abit sacred....My ride is gonna get rape by you guys.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perhaps a smaller TT session before the big one on the 19th? So my ride no need kena gangbang so teruk....Hahahhaha....

Last edited:
Initially i was looking forward to TT with the ZTH sifu's like you guys. But now......I am abit sacred....My ride is gonna get rape by you guys.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perhaps a smaller TT session before the big one on the 19th? So my ride no need kena gangbang so teruk....Hahahhaha....

No big or small tt one. Once got agenda then organize tt. Those can make it will come. Looks like your car is the agenda now.....hahhahahahhahahahha:rofl::rofl: