Stone Chip on paint

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
for the past few weeks driving in the raining season notice there are some damage on the paint, when wash the car notice there are some small small stone/sand that stick on the front & rear bumper and other area as well.

When washing the car really can feel the paint is not smooth can feel small small stone/sand on the paint.

how to remove the small small stone/sand, future how to prevent/reduce this happen again?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
'Sticking' on the paint? Use clay bar to remove them. You can try the soff99 clay with normal shampoo mix as lubricant.

No way to prevent but definitely can be marginally reduced if you have a proper protection/wax/sealant on the paint, more difficult for the the 'sand'/dirt to stick and *should* be able to easily wash away with normal car shampoo.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Is there any way to avoid stones from chipping away at the paint?

Particularly from Highway Driving???

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
1st step to prevent is not to tail gate the car infront too much, especially lorries.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
this is a norm for cars to hv chipped paints on the front sides.. especially those who are fond of tailgating very near... it happens not because of the rain.. usually its because the stones spitting from the tyres of the vehicle infront of us.... its like a projectile bullet actually.. and sometimes it can cause even winshild dameages and cracks..

If you ride on raining wheather fast and on highway, u wont get stone chipped as much on dry road... the stones and debris on the road are wet n water will reduce the impact of the stones at your paint... i always pray for rain on long highway rides... if not.. you hv to make about 5 car distance to avoid the stone chipping...

there is no way to beat it.. other than maintaining a large gap distance on highways.. especially lowered cars will suffer a lot of stone chips if you tailgate close, even 2-3 car gap u will soon get the chipping on ur lip n bumper...

I tried everything guys.. before i had my car front bumper painted almost once every year due to stone chiped problems... after that i adjusted my driving style n no more.. for those who are kaki racing, go on convoi and drag battle, u cannot escape from this.. what do u expect..its battle scars..

other options is to not lower your ride.. n trust me.. no wax or polish surface paint product can save you from it unless u practice ur driving habit... ther is one other option... in the United States.. they have bumper bras/cover.. and they also uses hood bras as well.. but unfortunately.. here in malaysia is hard to get.. n not all cars makes and models are available in the market... you can try custom make one for your ride at car cushion/seat shop.. it is usually made from synthetic leather.. like the mechanic use to cover the seats or fender at the workshop to maintain cleanliness n avoid paint damages

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alo guyz..

anyone know the colour code for GOLD colour of ssr type c / crimson sparco?? it was darker than normal gold, sparkling gold was lighter, anyone??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience