STD Kancil + power steering??

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
can i put a power steering unit into a std 660 kancil?? if can..where can i get it?? how much are we talking here?? where can i do it?? i dont know bout u guys but for my small kids-size arms..the steering is too heavy!! :cry_smile:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I won't recommend installing a PS system into a Kancil. Its very dangerous, with such a light car if you got a PS system on it. Your steering will wobble a lot during high speed driving.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
no lah...not dangerous..its totally safe..

u can get a PS frm the daihatsu mira L5 PS..
works like a charm...

if u hold the steering properly and not one hand on it and another out the window..u'll be okay..

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
bro if u really wan to find power steering for ur kancil
try to find those mira
hope this can help

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
thanx guys..well i think im gettin greedier..y not just buy an L5 kancil?? right??

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
buy an L5 kancil? meaning?ahaha

erm..if u mean a converted L5 kanccil..erm...not all L5s got power steering wor...
only one or two models if im not mistaken...

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
or just try to go to chop shop ask them to pull out from those L2 halfcut some carburator halfcut got power steering mah...
but make sure u go to cun workshop oh if not they will pening while install those wiring...
bcoz L2 ps use electric and motor je...no pump..
cheers...

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
Fluffy said:
buy an L5 kancil? meaning?ahaha

erm..if u mean a converted L5 kanccil..erm...not all L5s got power steering wor...
only one or two models if im not mistaken...
ahaha...sorry..noob mistake..a kancil converted to L5 specs..hehe..but how convenient it wud be if there is a production L5 Kancil..by the way how much is an L5 halfcut? i heard it can be expensive??

Last edited:

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
Daihatsu Mira said:
or just try to go to chop shop ask them to pull out from those L2 halfcut some carburator halfcut got power steering mah...
but make sure u go to cun workshop oh if not they will pening while install those wiring...
bcoz L2 ps use electric and motor je...no pump..
cheers...
thanx bro for the info..:_: will keep that in mind

low_boost

Jan 14, 2006
L2 also have the PS unit. i bought the auto halfcut and come with the PS unit. for me it is very good system. but i'm not sure is it can be install on your car because the PS unit is electrical PS. u need to find wireman also to do the job.

by the way, my PS unit will shut off when my rpm above 5K. usually during sprint test la. and will on again restart or 5 min normal driving condition. when PS off, it not so heavy to turn the wheel.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
erm...the L5 half cuts are a lil pricey compared to its younger and less powerful brother..L2..

its about 5k if im not mistaken...

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
Fluffy said:
erm...the L5 half cuts are a lil pricey compared to its younger and less powerful brother..L2..

its about 5k if im not mistaken...
i did some surfing n found out the limited max output in hp terms is same for the L2 n L5 but the difference in torque is about 1kg +/-..and the head is 16v la for the L5, am i right?? well..if std L2 vs std L5 maybe not that different ..although i think the L5 might have a bit advantage due to its 4wd..all these info i got frm internet laa..so pls dont fire me k..if we like sumting we must do some research right??

but y so pricey?? come wit 4wd aa?? :cry_smile:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
well...the most obvious diff between those 2 engines is the L2 is only a 3cylinder..but the L5 is a 4cylinder..

yup..the L5 has 16v and the L2 has only 12v...u do the math..hehe

erm...the output fr L5 is better actually..

only the L512 is 4wd..

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
Fluffy said:
well...the most obvious diff between those 2 engines is the L2 is only a 3cylinder..but the L5 is a 4cylinder..

yup..the L5 has 16v and the L2 has only 12v...u do the math..hehe

erm...the output fr L5 is better actually..

only the L512 is 4wd..
darn it...how could i've forgotten that the L5 is 4 cyl...sorry classic noob mistake..luckily hav all the sifu here..anyway if get halfcut frm L512S, can easily put the 4wd aa?? i know this wud raise an alarm frm jpj but technically speaking can it b done?? no need to potong lantai like the evo guys aa?? then can sure get power steering wit that cool dashboard right?? hehe

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
erm..about the potong lantai thing im not too sure...i've never seen a 4wd kancil yet la...haha

it CAN be done la..but very heavy mods will be done to ur chasis lor...i dont think its a good idea..

the dashboard is surely nice...hehe but u haf to ASK is there's PS included/...just to make sure..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone.

I'm using 205/40/17 now. I'd like to change to bigger tires because the ride is kinda harsh now. I'm hoping for 215/45/17. One is problem is that bigger tires will hit my absorbers. I asked some tire shops and they said 205/40 is the biggest i can go. They even said wheel spacers are not so good. I'm driving an oldschool Mazda EC, it's a 2 door chassis based on Mazda BG. So the suspension system is exactly the same but not sure about the offset. The original rims had a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience