static in the car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

silverboys

Hii guys,
I wonder any of you had experience the moment u got down from your car u will have this static shock in ur body.
Where every time u got down from your car and you close the car door then u get a static shock discharge.
Happen to my Jazz and mt Civic (current model).

Hii guys,
I wonder any of you had experience the moment u got down from your car u will have this static shock in ur body.
Where every time u got down from your car and you close the car door then u get a static shock discharge.

About static on our body I think there is but never experience static shock before. Just advise not to go in and out of the car or meddle with things in the car while waiting for the fuel to be filled up when pumping petrol.

Also advised to touch the car body with your finger before pumping petrol. Read from somewhere to pass out the static electricity which might ignite fire when pumping petrol.

Hii guys,

i do always got static zap when touching my myvi door after get out from car.
i didnt get from other cars thou..

usually i touch with finger first to discharge. even can hear the zap..:itsme:

About static on our body I think there is but never experience static shock before. Just advise not to go in and out of the car or meddle with things in the car while waiting for the fuel to be filled up when pumping petrol.

Also advised to touch the car body with your finger before pumping petrol. Read from somewhere to pass out the static electricity which might ignite fire when pumping petrol.

Its true. A slightest spark can light up the fuel.

Hii guys,

It's normal. I always get static when I get down from my Persona.
They say use the car keys to touch the body, no use.

Its true. A slightest spark can light up the fuel.

It's normal. I always get static when I get down from my Persona.
They say use the car keys to touch the body, no use.

Just use your finger and touch on the car body and it will pass out the static electricity from ur body.
Or like my friend, he installed one kind of belt at the rear of his persona. Somehow said it helps to pass the static electricity to the ground. Like those truck carrying fuel or fire hazard stuffs.

PVC/rubber/fabric (steering/panel) + low humidity inside the car (aircond on while driving) = static charging.... :rolleyes:

Just use your finger and touch on the car body and it will pass out the static electricity from ur body.
Or like my friend, he installed one kind of belt at the rear of his persona. Somehow said it helps to pass the static electricity to the ground. Like those truck carrying fuel or fire hazard stuffs.

Must be something that can pass electricity lah. Belt is leather/rubber, how can wor. Ilogical.

i also get static when exiting my car & also everytime while shopping at TESCO the scott garden, OKR.
other places dun get it.

really that sensitive?? got a lot of bulu ha??? :biggrin: :rofl:

Must be something that can pass electricity lah. Belt is leather/rubber, how can wor. Ilogical.

It is call belt but what it is made off I have no idea. Call anti static belt.

Car-Anti-static-belt-Auto-Car-Safe-Ground-Belt-Anti-Static-Earth-Strap-Wire-good-quality.jpg

i also get static when exiting my car & also everytime while shopping at TESCO the scott garden, OKR.
other places dun get it.

I only get those shocks when touching the trolly in tesco or any supermarkets with them. :rofl:

Interestingly, some hang their Teddy bears as anti-static belts. Poor Teddy, Mr bean must be mad at them if he see it.

Interestingly, some hang their Teddy bears as anti-static belts. Poor Teddy, Mr bean must be mad at them if he see it.

Teddy bears are for those 'spirits to play with it'. So they do not interfere with you in the car.

U ma hang a chain la...then give us ur feedback :biggrin:

Its a fact dude. Not joking. But it will cause some spark while having friction with the road.

electric static and electric is different things.

Teddy bears are for those 'spirits to play with it'. So they do not interfere with you in the car.

Hei...thus a interesting commend.. I lean something now..

Its a fact dude. Not joking. But it will cause some spark while having friction with the road.

Agreed with Stupidcar, but that strap/belt is made from a coper material for discharge statics.this u can easily find in those computer/server boxes ..is mean for server installation n to protact the server from any shortcurcit via the static charge. However I believe there are other ways to resolved this issue. Perhaps a ironizer can help?? What do u guys think?

chain as used by tanker...

normally its due to interaction with car seat.....or from its aircond (similar to those in shopping complex)..

ionizer definitely would helps...

change your shoes, make sure shoe sole is different material

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

Through my personal experience, Ground cable like this will help reduce d static

GROUNDING-CABLE.jpg

Through my personal experience, Ground cable like this will help reduce d static

GROUNDING-CABLE.jpg

Hmmm...I have one, but so far BLM and Kelisa also no static shock from door handles till date without it. Maybe certain cars.

But Persona I heard from a few have it.

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom