Sport Springs

e1fnd

Known Member
Dec 29, 2004
Hey guys,

I am a newbie in car mods.... but damn interested to mod me car... I am looking for some sport springs.... I drive a Wira Aeroback 1.6 1999... with 16" rims....Which brand is good? How about absorbers? do I need to change them too?

Currently... my tyres hits the arch when I go for a bumpy ride... With the springs this prob would be resolved rite? they say my spring now is too lembut.

The cheaper the better... lol .... but I dun mind spending more to get better comfort or quality...

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Go for Eibach. You won't go wrong.

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
tumpang thread, where to get eibach spring in klang valley? the most affordable price.....

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
e1fnd said:
Hey guys,

I am a newbie in car mods.... but damn interested to mod me car... I am looking for some sport springs.... I drive a Wira Aeroback 1.6 1999... with 16" rims....Which brand is good? How about absorbers? do I need to change them too?

Currently... my tyres hits the arch when I go for a bumpy ride... With the springs this prob would be resolved rite? they say my spring now is too lembut.

The cheaper the better... lol .... but I dun mind spending more to get better comfort or quality...
you can buy APM springs...shd be around 100-120 but will be very stiff.....but still you will need to get yr wheel arch knocked a bit to avoid scrapping against the tyre.....u must change yr absorber if they are spoiled

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
simon said:
you can buy APM springs...shd be around 100-120 but will be very stiff.....but still you will need to get yr wheel arch knocked a bit to avoid scrapping against the tyre.....u must change yr absorber if they are spoiled
im using GTI original set,so there some plastic cover below my arch..surely dont want to cut it..but what can i do to stop the wheel from hitting the arch?pull my camber inside?but it will effect my tyres right?can i lay my rim?(the inside side where they put the spacer?).will these effect my rim durability??

p/s : sorry to interrupt your thread..but im using APM and panther absober for front and honda absorber for front for rear..but the problem still arise..so,be careful when changing your absorber or spring..i will be so expensive..after you calculate everything..adjustable?consider it bro..

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
reddice said:
im using GTI original set,so there some plastic cover below my arch..surely dont want to cut it..but what can i do to stop the wheel from hitting the arch?pull my camber inside?but it will effect my tyres right?can i lay my rim?(the inside side where they put the spacer?).will these effect my rim durability??

p/s : sorry to interrupt your thread..but im using APM and panther absober for front and honda absorber for front for rear..but the problem still arise..so,be careful when changing your absorber or spring..i will be so expensive..after you calculate everything..adjustable?consider it bro..
u can try to take out the plastic cover & knock yr wheel arch further out....has to be done by a good "ketuk mudguard" guy...or then try not to use wide tyres.....or go for super hard springs....

daze

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
KL<>JB
How much will Eibach cost? for Satria 1.5??
can i just change d spring itself only? will it make a very different liao or i have to change the absorber as well??
Is there any local make but good quality spring and absorbers set??

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if u r willing to spend about rm2000.....then go for TITAN..u all heard before? it is a local custom made....very good my fren told me......it provides 5 yrs guarantee.....tat mean if u dun like d absorber seting....u can go back n set anytime....if too hard can set to soft abit...n if too soft..can go hard abit....too high can go lower...n too low oso can go higher...FOC o......very good services.....

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
huakenny said:
if u r willing to spend about rm2000.....then go for TITAN..u all heard before? it is a local custom made....very good my fren told me......it provides 5 yrs guarantee.....tat mean if u dun like d absorber seting....u can go back n set anytime....if too hard can set to soft abit...n if too soft..can go hard abit....too high can go lower...n too low oso can go higher...FOC o......very good services.....
KL area only provide this service or other place got oso?

daze

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
KL<>JB
If, i install a 1.5 absorber set. can i stil remain it after engine transplant to 1.6-1.8??

Skyline Biru

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
if u want your car more comfortable and looks lowered, use Sapura Leda sport spring combine with APM Perfomax. it's great combination and not so expensive like other brand..

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Skyline Biru said:
if u want your car more comfortable and looks lowered, use Sapura Leda sport spring combine with APM Perfomax. it's great combination and not so expensive like other brand..
hi , thx for the info........just wanna know where to buy this sapura leda springs & whats the price & what is APM perfomax...is it spring or shocks ????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ZTH,

I was driving back home at midnight while my car ran over a road bump at 40-50kph on a downwards slope. As i was approaching the house, i realised that some liquid was leaking consistently from underneath the car. I quickly parked my car at the porch and examined the leaks, fearing it might be oil or petrol. however, the liquid was actually clear and odourless. I am uncertain of my car's condition; was the liquid just water or something else? I have reason to suspect it's not just...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience