SONY Xplod Product Good? Not GOOD?...

Slowly upgrade one by one is a good way...
because you will know what you lack then upgrade it step by step...untill satisfy..
This is the fun while play ICE mah...
If not one shot with good stuft.. how you know the difference le...?

My mind Sony HU not bad ... somemore have 24 bit...can play 24 bit CD...
Pioneer lower series don't have 24 bit...but can play a lot chapalang dics..

Actually like loon1031 said, its good way to upgrade one by one, and u'll be more familiar with the system.

But if you buy one by one the item, after bought the whole complete set, then only install on your car, then better dont buy first. You can keep the $$ yourself first and when you save enough $$ then buy one shot. Coz u know lah, always got newer and newer model coming, and the price will keep droping and droping, so its not worth oledi rite.....

But can't say new model better than old one....
A lot of old model still got a lot of people looking for....
Some new model become worse...
Some just change the outlook display only...

If consider price will drop, better don't buy anything la.

Last edited:
loon1031 said:
But can't say new model better than old one....
A lot of old model still got a lot of people looking for....
Some new model become worse...
Some just change the outlook display only...

If consider price will drop, better don't buy anything la.

Yup i agreed, not all new model is better than old one, i mean is, mostly when a newer model release, price of the older model would drop.....mostly but not all

ryukeong said:
Yup i agreed, not all new model is better than old one, i mean is, mostly when a newer model release, price of the older model would drop.....mostly but not all

You consider price will drop...If like that you don't need buy anything la...
Everytime just wait it become phase out then buy...ya maybe you can save $ but is it a good idea?

yes agree too....example like HU...eclipse 8061 until today ppl still looking for it

CraZieThug5057 said:
below rm10k actully.

man as i told ill buy these good things 1 by one ...n yeah im not alang alang one la .....

n yeah all people owest wan good things but if they afford imean y not go for it jz one time for someone like me that so so but i think i can afford but it takes times..so ill go slowly 1 by 1........

My whole system cost less than that. I think around 6k+ and I am satisfied with it. For 10k, stay out from the xplod. Get 1 sub, 1 pair good component, 2 amps and good HU. Keep it simple. EQ and processor is an option but not necessity.

ask urself, wat quallity u wan?? If you just need to normal use only, never kira the sound, then u can choose Pionner 1850 lor!! Budget is RM2xx only mah!!

If you wan to make ur sound better, then u can choose Eclipse CD1000, budget around RM5xx only.

If you wan the best sound, you must follow OLDSKOLBOYZ suggestion, use CLARION HX-D2, ECLIPSE CD7000 or ALPINE 9855, 9877, all are budget thousands....!!!

Impossible ur budget is RM30,000++, then u wan to buy BMW meh?!!! Dun worry lah, ZTH's got many Shi Fu can give u good suggestion one!!

Cheers...good luck!!

ice_kosong said:
ask urself, wat quallity u wan?? If you just need to normal use only, never kira the sound, then u can choose Pionner 1850 lor!! Budget is RM2xx only mah!!

If you wan to make ur sound better, then u can choose Eclipse CD1000, budget around RM5xx only.

If you wan the best sound, you must follow OLDSKOLBOYZ suggestion, use CLARION HX-D2, ECLIPSE CD7000 or ALPINE 9855, 9877, all are budget thousands....!!!

Impossible ur budget is RM30,000++, then u wan to buy BMW meh?!!! Dun worry lah, ZTH's got many Shi Fu can give u good suggestion one!!

Cheers...good luck!!

ohh hoh hoooo..
oh no man im not that rich ass....im jz typical people that u can find in every corner of this world

my budget not that rm30K la less than rm10K only so

nyway first in my mind was i wanted to standardize all ICE using XPLOD model but since some xplod model n speakers are not that good i hear from forummer n not onyl that outside people and even the shop tauke oso recomended me not to buy Xplod even if thy sell it.......

im confused man thinkin of selling all my xplod models i bough ...its sell fresh in new never being used in the box (used testing for few hours only)....

but i dunno now

CraZieThug5057 said:
ohh hoh hoooo..

im confused man thinkin of selling all my xplod models i bough ...its sell fresh in new never being used in the box (used testing for few hours only)....

but i dunno now

Dont think twice, sell it. You might lose money in the process, but the older it gets the cheaper it will be.

I'm quite confused on what you want actually. You want to revamp the whle system or you want a HU??? Because your original question was on HU. You might wanna list down on what you want and whats your budget on each of them, so it will be easier for us to recommend and give review. If you are asking unsure question... they will reply with unsure answers.

appleyard said:
Dont think twice, sell it. You might lose money in the process, but the older it gets the cheaper it will be.

I'm quite confused on what you want actually. You want to revamp the whle system or you want a HU??? Because your original question was on HU. You might wanna list down on what you want and whats your budget on each of them, so it will be easier for us to recommend and give review. If you are asking unsure question... they will reply with unsure answers.

man its both HU n the speaker n amps n evyting

my budget is around rm10K for the XPLOD thats y im choosing xplod.......because speaker are easy to get n cheap compare to lightning audio and mtx and the amps are quite reasonable for my budget unless i wanted to put some sound system amps , speaker n subs of MTX n light audio that one can buy 1 more kancil ...

im buying that the easiest to find around and reasonable for me

but since xplod Hu n some speakers n amps not that good im confused

U going to Loud.. louder doesn't mean alot of Mid, Sub, Amp untill no space in your car boot... I think U should go back to the 'SPL' concept.. the concept is 'SPL vs DB' not 'SPL Vs Quantity'..

1st How big Sub can U put in the trunk?
2nd Enclosure Size, can fit in ur Trunk?
3rd Sub Impedance & pwr required..
4th Amplifier, enough pwr to supply

crazie thug dude..10k..is enough for some good audio..and who say not enough for mtx? for 2 thunder 4500 sub...ard 1k wil do...amp...if u wan the monoblock...3k...u stil got 6k for speakers..HU...another amp..and wiring..like i said earlier..do some research..not onli on the stuffs..but the price oso...

oldskolboyz said:
U going to Loud.. louder doesn't mean alot of Mid, Sub, Amp untill no space in your car boot... I think U should go back to the 'SPL' concept.. the concept is 'SPL vs DB' not 'SPL Vs Quantity'..

i like loud music meaning i will go for the DB not riilly into quality but aslong as speaker /sub affordable and produce loud sound (do u think xplod can do that?)

1st How big Sub can U put in the trunk?
- 12" x 4 subs yes 4 subs
2nd Enclosure Size, can fit in ur Trunk?
- this i no need to worry with help from fr and me myself we working on
fiberglass custom enclosure..

3rd Sub Impedance & pwr required..
-this my fr from some audio shop will helo me on this not rilly know abou this
-power i think i need 2 batteries with parrell connections alternotor change to
bigger amperrage change alternator fuse

4th Amplifier, enough pwr to supply
- yeah sony amp class D MONO x4 model: XM-SD61X

kelvin--- said:
crazie thug dude..10k..is enough for some good audio..and who say not enough for mtx? for 2 thunder 4500 sub...ard 1k wil do...amp...if u wan the monoblock...3k...u stil got 6k for speakers..HU...another amp..and wiring..like i said earlier..do some research..not onli on the stuffs..but the price oso...

- yea man not easy rm10k i think i get that in 1 year ..hehe thats y i need to buy 1 by 1 n i think the cost is around roughly this rm10k figure

kuching here things are expensiv u know la ur from sawarak as well rite?

n yah i did some research 1 years b4 n i jz drop in a thread here......but its jz that i wan opinion from sifus...... n now i got in my mind oready of my setup

oldskolboyz said:
'SPL vs DB' not 'SPL Vs Quantity'

Hahahah......SPL vs DB, not SPL vs Quantity..!!!! Nice words, nice words, i am agree about it!!!!!! Many of people always mistake on that...!!!!

crazie thug dude..the mtx price i meant is kch price..coz someone from sibu bought two mtx 4500 from kch..12"...he say jst ard 1k for both...monoblock price is at my place here..3k...i think if u wanna play budget but wan boom...u can actually try coucar brand..duno if can find there or not la...or mohawk la...both for spl ma...i guess wil suit u...as u like loud music..but dun reli care bout the quality..

Top Bottom