Some dumb questions

-e f i n i-

Known Member
- Idling means the engine is running, but the car isnt running right? Why is idling at certain RPM bad? Sorry but i just dont get it... its like 1300rpm or so is considered bad and 900rpm is good.

- Cam duration, 264 degrees, 272 degrees, 288 degrees etc... what determines the degree of the cam to use? Power output? I checked TODA 4AGE cams and found out that the lift for their 16V cams is actualy higher than the cams for 20V, why?

- Higher lift means its better? When the lift is higher or longer(dunno whats the exact term, sorry) for the intake part, for example, the valve will be opened bigger and that means more air will enter the cylinders??

- Adj. Cam pulleys can adjust the lift of cams or just powerband?

- I checked TODA cam specs for S2000 engines...

SPEC C
IN 250 (11.0) - 305 (13.0) - 250 (11.0)
EX 250 (11.0) - 295 (12.5) - 250 (11.0)

so take for example to exhaust part...
EX 250 (11.0) - 295 (12.5) - 250 (11.0)
does it mean when the cam is revolving, it will turn from 250 degrees then to the max that is 295 then after that go back to 250??

- This i really dont understand. For NA, higher comp pistons are better, for Turbo, lower comp pistons are better... but are there any other factors that determine the compression you should use? like say, power output and so on? How do i know when to use which compression? or is it, if you are using force induction, just dont care and put 8.0:1?

- Do Individual Throttle Bodies serves as a air intake? Does it support Forced Induction then?

- If a F20C has 120hp/litre, which makes a nice 240hp at 2 litres. Then if you stroke it to 2.2L, that is around 10% increase from its ordinary capacity which is exactly 1997 or 1998c.c.
So by the usage of stroker kit, does it increase power and torque, or just torque?

Dont flame me please and please be kind enough to enlighten a n00b who is very keen to learn new things >.<
Thanks

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom