Silicone Wipers vs Rubber Wipers - Which is better? (Open discussion)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
You can opt for the normal frame type silicone wiper from PIAA...it looks just like normal wipers but just for a printed white PIAA wording..just sand off the wording kao tim la...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The PIAA I saw so far are the carbon fibre ones...can't really hide those...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No need sand off. Can just use rubbing alchohol.

And if worried kena stolen break off the latch that you need to press to unlock it from place (make sure you break only the latch, not the whole thing otherwise the locking bit will be useless).

Mine can only be opened with a test pen or something similar. Welded my first set of wipers and it was too much of a hassle to replace then when my windscreen was replaced.

And lastly I curse you Danzeterna!! We know you got your wiper cheap ok.. main jauh jauh lu.. heheheheh :biggrin: :thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No need sand off. Can just use rubbing alchohol.

And if worried kena stolen break off the latch that you need to press to unlock it from place (make sure you break only the latch, not the whole thing otherwise the locking bit will be useless).

Mine can only be opened with a test pen or something similar. Welded my first set of wipers and it was too much of a hassle to replace then when my windscreen was replaced.

And lastly I curse you Danzeterna!! We know you got your wiper cheap ok.. main jauh jauh lu.. heheheheh :biggrin: :thefinger:
Any photos on the part that u broke bro? At least can prevent petty thieves since no one would carry a test pen around....cuz normal ones surely with hands can remove.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You can opt for the normal frame type silicone wiper from PIAA...it looks just like normal wipers but just for a printed white PIAA wording..just sand off the wording kao tim la...
No, if sand off people will still suspect. Stick a ciplak brand over it, guaranteed won't be stolen.......hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

We all real bad lah! Buy branded and put ciplak brand over it.......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Any photos on the part that u broke bro? At least can prevent petty thieves since no one would carry a test pen around....cuz normal ones surely with hands can remove.
Erm.. ok. I'll take pics and show you later. Right now it's 11:23pm kinda hard to take any decent pics

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Erm.. ok. I'll take pics and show you later. Right now it's 11:23pm kinda hard to take any decent pics
Thank You in advance 1st Bro Izso or like ppl say, a.k.a Mr.DIY :top:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No, if sand off people will still suspect. Stick a ciplak brand over it, guaranteed won't be stolen.......hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

We all real bad lah! Buy branded and put ciplak brand over it.......
Stick "Aik Cheong white coffee" on it :rofl:

Use those carbon fibre sticker and stick on it? Those stickers are very common nowadays so I guess it won't make the thief suspects anything gua..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Stick "Aik Cheong white coffee" on it :rofl:

Use those carbon fibre sticker and stick on it? Those stickers are very common nowadays so I guess it won't make the thief suspects anything gua..
These thieves knows stuff...:rofl: PIAA they already know...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wtf... I forgot to take the pics over the weekend. Will do today.

And whats this Mr DIY business. I got a lot of very knowledgeable friends who teach me when I ask. I never claim to be the 'sifu'! The real sifus are those who willingly teach me! So kudos to them man.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wtf... I forgot to take the pics over the weekend. Will do today.

And whats this Mr DIY business. I got a lot of very knowledgeable friends who teach me when I ask. I never claim to be the 'sifu'! The real sifus are those who willingly teach me! So kudos to them man.
Which is why we felt the same about you bro Izso and appreciate you for teaching us. Which is why we relate you as real sifu. And kudos to you as well :biggrin: :top:

Will be waiting for the photos. Take your time :top:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Which is why we felt the same about you bro Izso and appreciate you for teaching us. Which is why we relate you as real sifu. And kudos to you as well :biggrin: :top:

Will be waiting for the photos. Take your time :top:
Well said. The one who show/teach us, we consider the sifu mah! So in here you are the DIY sifu....:listen:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh.. in that case DIY sifu says it's good to bank in RM100 into his account right now per person!

:biggrin:

(sorry mod.. going out of topic)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh.. in that case DIY sifu says it's good to bank in RM100 into his account right now per person!

:biggrin:

(sorry mod.. going out of topic)
Remember to take photo of your DIY Wiper bro :rofl:
I'll consider PIAA if the method can prevent petty thieves.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Remember to take photo of your DIY Wiper bro :rofl:
I'll consider PIAA if the method can prevent petty thieves.
dunno if PIAA wipers is still hot nowadays.
it is now a bit more difficult to identify.if it is the normal frames.
even the wings frame model has too many replica...

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
dunno if PIAA wipers is still hot nowadays.
it is now a bit more difficult to identify.if it is the normal frames.
even the wings frame model has too many replica...
The one I saw is carbon fibre frame.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good evening. what a busy week for me this coming Hari Raya, so many appointments and stuff to do. the traffic also suffer quite badly due to everyone "balik kampung". to people who driving back kampung, please drive safely on the road, please aware any weird object on the highway that will caused accidents, check your engine oil, battery, tires, radiator water. apply any water repellent if needed on your front windscreen for better vision due to raining session. commercial says "ingat-lah...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience