Siemens Ecu on the Satria Gti And Satria R3 Gti

nakata86

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hey guys, and all the sifuz here. I would just like to ask about the siemens ecu that comes with the new Satria R3 Gti and the batch of Satria Gtis' after Year 2001. Will it in anyway, affect the Standard power of my Gti if i were to make minor modifications to the car considering the fact that the siemens ecu works best with the stock standard parts of the car? Affect as in will my Gti get lower power, horse power i mean, if i were to make changes to the exhaust and intake system? i've heard that if i were to make these changes, Gtis running on this new Ecu which is the siemens one would probably have less power due to the set up of the ECU. Is it true? I hope you sifuz here would help me justify this problem so i can decide on wheter a not to get either one of this car, brand new that is. And, how much of price difference is it between the Gti and the Satria R3?

THANKS! =)

Cheers,
dams.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
It really depends on what you want from the car. If you couldn't care less about comfort, silence, (and safety technologies) then go for the R3. Otherwise, you're better off getting a 2001 or older GTi. IMO, you could "tune" up a brand new Siemens GTi ala R3, but you'd have spent so much money and probably void your warranty too. Price diff is around 5k.

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
www.strombergpowerbooster.com
difference RM5k.
since u so much into performance GTi and gonna throw big $$$$ into it after bought, i advise u go buy a good condition second hand GTI with either VR4, Evo1, 2 or Evo3 engine. price is around RM46k only.

ok lets compare here:-

new GTi R3 RM78k + maybe RM10k (modified to get around 170HP) total RM88k.

used good GTi with evo engine RM46k + RM2k (change timing belt and fix some problem) 270HP. total RM48k.

man, u see difference RM40k and 100HP (no horse run)!!!!!!! dun play play oh!

nakata86

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
wow, thanks. that's some pretty good information.

i would also love to ask, what if i were to get the new satria Gti. not the R3 though, and change minor parts like the exhaust and air intake system, would it have more power or the other way round? Cause ive heard from friends that the new Siemens ECU calculated everything to its optimum and therefore the optimum performance would be in stock standard. If i were to change the exhaust system and the air intake system for example, would it improve or decrease HP then? without taking the idea of changing the ECU into consideration as it would void the warranty. Conclusion is, to change just the exhaust system, air intake systems, maybe cams, would it be effective on the Siemens ECU? first of all is maybe because these are the onlie modifications which are cheap to be done and maintained.

THANKS AGAIN!

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Yes, you should be able to get some gains by getting a better exhaust. Keep the intake system stock. Cams and pulleys should work too. Good news for you is R3's performance parts are designed with Siemens 4G93P in mind.

You may also want to do something about the Siemens throttle body. It's actually a bit restrictive, compared to the MMC one.

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
if u wanna have wider option on mods & wanna stick to N/A, i recommend u get an earlier batch GTi. eliminate the warranty fuss, coz i don't think its value to mod a brand new car unless $$$ is not a factor.
if u get a 2nd hand GTi, basically the engine has already mature & perhaps due for internal workouts such as port & polishing, balancing etc....
then the cost of buying a 2nd hand car is lesser so u'll have more $$$ for mods if u consider having the same ammount of $$$

just my 2 cents

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
dont just look at the hp, if u get a gti evo vs a gti r3, it is going to run you down at sepang :lol:

that is unless of course, you spend alot of $$$ getting ur suspension to suite the super nose heavy car :D

if you are going for 2nd hand cars, might be better to consider a putra. yummy coupe!

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
satria with evo isn't that bad la, even one with a heavier vr4 and stock interior could do 2 min 5xs. I tested my super heavy wira vr4 with 2 person in the car also could hit 2 min 5xs that was with stock settings and lowered boost. All I had was twin port brakes with standard MMC brake pads, no fancy lotus tuned suspension also.

dolly urs should be getting 2 min 40-50s already don't be so humble haha

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
where got 2 mins, more like 4 mins! i'm aunty-type-r driver mar :lol:

i didn't manage to time myself, first time out on track after 5 laps of being stupid my oil cooler hose pecah. :D haih... oh well will go again next time and practice smore

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
btw danny, have you wondered if your car had that power, minus the weight dont you think you'd do better? i.e at the track, vr4 with 250hp vs 1.8 gsr with 250hp, same driver, dont you think the weight you saved will attribute to better cornering?

my friends mivec 1.6 did 2min 5x with a friend sitting inside. Thats why i say dont just look at the hp, got other things to consider

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
yes of coz I agree if u got better power to weight ratio, suspension and brakes then you should be able to do better. I was following some track cars on the straights can catch up but they could take very late braking (around 50 metres) but mine had to start braking at 150 metres.. so definately got difference. Anyway I was using it as a daily driven car so its just for fun la :)

gti_vr4rs

Aug 25, 2005
subang jaya
lotus tuned suspension my ass. (not to u dude, just to lotus.hehe.)

after i put in vr4 rs engine, my suspension is like fuck already.when i drive above 170km/h, any bumps will make me go bumping on the road.when i drive to klia using kesas highway at 200km/h++, its like my car is heaving sex with the road man. shitty lotus suspension.

wasted bought brand new gti last time.should have bought an old gti with better suspensions

Danny said:
satria with evo isn't that bad la, even one with a heavier vr4 and stock interior could do 2 min 5xs. I tested my super heavy wira vr4 with 2 person in the car also could hit 2 min 5xs that was with stock settings and lowered boost. All I had was twin port brakes with standard MMC brake pads, no fancy lotus tuned suspension also.

gti_vr4rs

Aug 25, 2005
subang jaya
lotus tuned suspension my ass. (not to u dude, just to lotus.hehe.)

after i put in vr4 rs engine, my suspension was like fuck already.when i drive above 170km/h, any bumps will make me go bumping on the road.when i drive to klia using kesas highway at 200km/h++, its like my car's having sex with the road, man. shitty lotus suspension.

wasted bought brand new gti last time.should have bought an old gti with better suspensions

Danny said:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car broken into.. OUG near Jln Lazat..

parked outside d house... a guy in a PERDANA... threw a big fuckin rock into
the car via passenger side..and was spotted by my fren's gf's bro.. shouted
at him.. he was fast..snipped d cable..jump into his perdana..and sped off...

shit!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience