Should i total it? Accident.

zephyrus

Sep 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
My car met in accident on december 15.. Btw, the accident is not my fault, its a saga from opposite lane hitting down the lamp post and the lamp post fell on my car FYI, i m driving 80 only tat time :stupid::stupid:.. the question is, should i total lost it?

Spent RM10k on bodykits and facelift

Total loss = Claim RM20k +/-

If repair it, will there be any issue as

1. Masuk Angin
2. Allignment problem
3. ??

as u can see, the rooftop is damaged and the pillar that holds the roof and front windscreen is damaged as well.

Thank sifus.

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
The chassis frame seems ok, alignment wont lari... if you love the car then fix it, if you wanna change car then total it...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Although the pillar is crushed but it wont affect badly on your chassis, chassis is the structure of your car bottom part, different car will have different design but there will be a designed frame mostly like "H" which is the main structure of so called bone of the car, if it's hit directly then it will out of shape, even though skillful technician can re-shape it but the "strength"(check physic book for iron peculiarity) will be gone and the car will have incurable alignment issue. I totaled mine last time cos it's flew and landed on divider, "I" became "<"... lol:biggrin:

zephyrus

Sep 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
haha.. ok thanks mate :).. guess i will just repair it.. and change the rooftop.. hope everything gonna be fine..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
All the best!! its a good opportunity to put sunroof and carbon rooftop!!! WOW~~:biggrin:

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
how to totaled a car in accident event?? crashed it summore? kautim with insurance/adjuster/callman? mind to explain.. might come handy someday.

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
I agree on the upgrade to sunroof. Hehe. Good luck, bro.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

By the way bro, what car is it? Is it a nissan sentra? Sorry for kaypo....

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
whatever you do.....don't cut the roof pillars (replace whole roof).....coz you wont be able to sell the car afterward....Puspakom check sure kantoi (except if you kautim/rasuah).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Everyone....

I would like to start a list of all the workshops with its rating.

I would be happy if everyone would contribute to share information.

For the betterment of all members....

Workshop owners, pls don't comment on yourselves :biggrin:

Thanks mate..... :tee:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience