should i install HID..?

Hid are a break through in lighting technology.. it uses less power than halogen bulb.. n the brightness spread is wider,longer n clearer as well... miss use n pointing the HiD at high angles that does the damage.. projector headlights does suppress the brighness angle of the beam... since using halogen bulb like PIAA,Philips n its equivalent cost at least RM300 which will not outperform n outlast a HID... I do not see y Hid is bad thing... 4300 is the best choice of color at this moment.. u get best result for rainy day as well... unless heavy down fall, which only yellow foglights will out perform any colored lights...

Dear Angrysnail and other too, the trick is in the headlamp. Projctor headlamps doesn't reflex the HID beams as our usual headlight reflextor. The light from a projected headlamp are more concentreted and not glaring. The output is abit blurry, therefore not so eye catching. But remember to use only the yellow light range. 4300k is normally the max you can go from getting block.

I'm currently using Bosch HID kit, runnig at 4300k for my wira with projected headlamp. But in toyota MRS I'm using 6000k, been safe and sound too from getting the ticket from JPJ or Polis.

Anyhow the wira equip with 4300k in projector headlamp is sure to go. Even had send the car for JPJ inspection 3 weeks ago also tak kena.

If not my mistaken:hmmmm:.. We cant changed the stock headlamps to a projector/others headlamps that is out from it's original design.. that is illegal.. I think u r lucky, dont gt summon... My friend got one after he changed the headlamps..

Hid are a break through in lighting technology.. it uses less power than halogen bulb.. n the brightness spread is wider,longer n clearer as well... miss use n pointing the HiD at high angles that does the damage.. projector headlights does suppress the brighness angle of the beam... since using halogen bulb like PIAA,Philips n its equivalent cost at least RM300 which will not outperform n outlast a HID... I do not see y Hid is bad thing... 4300 is the best choice of color at this moment.. u get best result for rainy day as well... unless heavy down fall, which only yellow foglights will out perform any colored lights...

What I knows...why HID is illegal & why car's manufacturer didnt put HID in their products.. all about is safety to you & others road user... HID lights is too spread & too sharp which is sensitive to eyes..(hope u'll know how valuable the eyes..).. coloured HID (white or blue) cant fight/reflect a white module such as rain, fog n etc.. more high lights detail (4000k n above) will be a more to white colour... That is why road lamps in the world is yellow colour..

I have 1 story about a headlamp.. This happen to my friend's brother...His bro always drive in high beam at nite:driver:... One day.. a motorcyclist came head to head with his car.. until the motorcyclist is near..suddenly the biker cant control his bike n goin into the drain.. He stop the car n give help to that biker.. after the incident, he regret in what is happened..because of his headlamp, he create a loss to others...:bawling:... So, think before u do something.. think others ppl life 1st...

Sometimes... I hate those ppl using HIDs...:mad: block my sights, head dict n it's very dangerous...Damn stupid them (sory, have to say to release my temper)....

here's a simple breakdown of the color temperature in Kelvin,(K)

3000K - yellow like you fog lights
4300K - yellowish and a bit whitish at some angles
5000K - yellowish still but white is more visible
6000K - Whitish with a bit of yellow character
8000K - Pure white with a bit of blue
10,000K - Blue with small amount of white notes
12,000K - Purple with a bit of blue
14,000K - Somewhat pinkish
??,000K - Green with a bit of white

Most new Imported japanese n uk marques are using Hid as stock

Dear Angrysnail and other too, the trick is in the headlamp. Projctor headlamps doesn't reflex the HID beams as our usual headlight reflextor. The light from a projected headlamp are more concentreted and not glaring. The output is abit blurry, therefore not so eye catching. But remember to use only the yellow light range. 4300k is normally the max you can go from getting block.

I'm currently using Bosch HID kit, runnig at 4300k for my wira with projected headlamp. But in toyota MRS I'm using 6000k, been safe and sound too from getting the ticket from JPJ or Polis.

Anyhow the wira equip with 4300k in projector headlamp is sure to go. Even had send the car for JPJ inspection 3 weeks ago also tak kena.

U r very lucky man,my friend change only a headlamp then kena already..jpj just make their own rules..some ok,some kena..what the?

last time i change bulb only...not projecter..not hid not angel eyes.Just a brighter bulb..i kena saman,,, "Mengubah Suai Lampu Hadapan"

How about installing HID on a fog-light? 1st of all fog-light definitely pointing down the road. Do you guys think it will glare towards opposite car? Im planning to install HID in fog-light (Myvi SE 2nd-Gen).. Now thinking what temp to put.. 5000K is good enough or better at 4300K as some brothers here suggested.. opinion please..thanks

wow..if like tat,white light bulb also kena,then they mai makin alot of money lo,so far mine i changed the brighter white color bulb got no prob on road block..but scare if run out of luck then kena stop for mengubah suai lampu:bawling:

Bump:
How about installing HID on a fog-light? 1st of all fog-light definitely pointing down the road. Do you guys think it will glare towards opposite car? Im planning to install HID in fog-light (Myvi SE 2nd-Gen).. Now thinking what temp to put.. 5000K is good enough or better at 4300K as some brothers here suggested.. opinion please..thanks

i think installing hid on a fog light is safer,can switch on n off anytime if got road block

wow..if like tat,white light bulb also kena,then they mai makin alot of money lo,so far mine i changed the brighter white color bulb got no prob on road block..but scare if run out of luck then kena stop for mengubah suai lampu:bawling:

Bump:

i think installing hid on a fog light is safer,can switch on n off anytime if got road block

It depends on the car. For local car, the authorities will definitely know to differentiate the aftermarket HIDs, so the best bet to get 4300k max coz the color still yellowish.
for the imported / sport cars, you can go as far as 8000k and claim that it was OEM as long as you can hide the HID ballast inside ur engine bay..
Regards.

I was thinking tat too can on and off anytime..Keep the headlight original lighting color..last 2 weeks just install Philips Xtreme-Power.. Very bright compare to oem bulb..

..jpj always looking for a point..

last week i get caught for tinting but the car behind me got caught for white lights,

after the jpj check the car..he got passed with no green letter..:stupido:

but some said white light also illegal..hmmm..very confusing huh?:hmmmm:

..jpj always looking for a point..

last week i get caught for tinting but the car behind me got caught for white lights,

after the jpj check the car..he got passed with no green letter..:stupido:

but some said white light also illegal..hmmm..very confusing huh?:hmmmm:

aiya wen u ask officer, they ll ask u `lu mau keta ankat pegi balai?`. personally i fix 9000k HID H4 in satria wif low beam is HID n high beam is normal halogen bulb. coz bcoz my car hv tinted too dark n big exhaust so i hv ready being to caugt in road block. mlaysia mah, ppl easy haus, so belanja `minum `:thefinger:lol!!!

Bump: now gt new type H4 HID, low beam HID, high beam H1 halogen. u can switch fr HID to halogen jz by change to high beam.

Bump: now gt new type H4 HID, low beam HID, high beam H1 halogen. u can switch fr HID to halogen jz by change to high beam.

no use one of this day, JPJ normally will tell u switch on and off your light to know whether u have HID. Because HID will blink then light come out, halogen won't.

Install at fog light like above forumee say, can switch when roadblock ma!

Best do not install for no worries life.

p.s.
alternate get a medical certificate to prove u are very blind when in the dark so u NEED H.I.D.(it can be done go check on JPJ website) very trouble also la every year most renew.

no use one of this day, JPJ normally will tell u switch on and off your light to know whether u have HID. Because HID will blink then light come out, halogen won't.

Install at fog light like above forumee say, can switch when roadblock ma!

Best do not install for no worries life.

p.s.
alternate get a medical certificate to prove u are very blind when in the dark so u NEED H.I.D.(it can be done go check on JPJ website) very trouble also la every year most renew.

:idea:
yeah thats rite...otherwise just dont drive at night...
too bright light can cause danger to others
:biggrin:

wah...artworkz so rich ah....:adore:

uhuk uhuk....i also thirsty lah....Heineken wuneh! :laugh:

Last edited:
hahah no rich lah, but my car is very dark tinted. big muffler ,mirage cyborg bodykit,blur reg no.plate even no hid, i oso gonna belanja officer supper n kopi. so i jz install damm blue color hid.

ps;my hid is gt 2 bulb, wen low beam is hid oni and high beam is halogen oni. so wen u high beam ur light n switch on switch of is halogen oni.

ps; if install hid no going out at nite, y install????

has anyone got saman for HID at roadblock before?
do i need to go before a magistrate ?
any jpj branch also can ?

i was planning to install it on my fog lamp , maybe 5000k enough alrdy , that's not the end , thing is , need 2 add a relay and an extra 'on' 'off' switch to bypass the main foglight switch ,

example when my secondary button(the one added) is 'on' , then i can use the primary(main switch) to 'on and off' , but if my secondary is 'off' mode , no matter how many times i press the primary one also wont turn on.

then make sure u hide the HID set so well , when open bonnet won't be able 2 see it easily , just tell JPJ , sudah rosak wiring ... but till now still lazy 2 go do it ... :hmmmm:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom