short shift for gsr??

zero_kool

Known Member
hey all,
is it wise to get a short shift gear for a gsr turbo? coz i sat in a friends 4g93p and he had short shift....kinda cool oso when i tested it.he says the shifting of gear is smoother and faster lor.....is it recommendable for gsr?? or do we have to change the gearbox too?? but some says with the original gsr gear box u can drag longer?? not sure about this...anyone...help me clarify...thanks

if install short shifter or quick shift.. dun need to change gearbox ler... it's just some modification to the gear lever shaft... see attached pic lor... market price for ready made (aftermarket) now only ard RM100-150 only.. cheap cheap... if u wan.. i can source for u too. It is used so that the distance to shift between gears are shorten at the lever there... not in the gearbox itself.. it's like when u change gear on steriods.. hehehe.

Imagine this.. u need to walk from point A to B distance 3KM.. after upgrade to short shifter the distance from point A to B now is now reduced to 2KM.. would u reach point A to point B faster coz of the shorter distance u need to travel?

Correct Installation will actually helps in faster shifting.. otherwise.. u'll start cursing.

657048_12.jpg

Last edited:
ftzone said:
if install short shifter or quick shift.. dun need to change gearbox ler... it's just some modification to the gear lever shaft... see attached pic lor... market price for ready made (aftermarket) now only ard RM100-150 only.. cheap cheap... if u wan.. i can source for u too. It is used so that the distance to shift between gears are shorten at the lever there... not in the gearbox itself.. it's like when u change gear on steriods.. hehehe.

Imagine this.. u need to walk from point A to B distance 3KM.. after upgrade to short shifter the distance from point A to B now is now reduced to 2KM.. would u reach point A to point B faster coz of the shorter distance u need to travel?

Correct Installation will actually helps in faster shifting.. otherwise.. u'll start cursing.

657048_12.jpg

yo bro...thanks for ur advice...maybe i used the wrong term ler....it's not only the gear shaft i am talking about...it's when u knw...u put in to 1st gear, 2nd gear...when u shift it, u'll have to u knw, go right all the way into it and the only can move right....the "short shift" that i was talking about was half the distance of putting in the gear at 1st gear, 2nd gear...etc etc....get what i mean ar....??

hey hey....i was looking for a shop that does short shifting
to all the sifus out there, can you help recommend a place too....

don;t they actually cut the lever shaft only to make it lower?

the thing with short shifts is that... YES the 'throw' is shorter... but the shift is also a bit harder and not as smooth as standard... like mine is a little hard to drop to 2nd gear when down shifting hard... up shift no probs..

zero_kool said:
yo bro...thanks for ur advice...maybe i used the wrong term ler....it's not only the gear shaft i am talking about...it's when u knw...u put in to 1st gear, 2nd gear...when u shift it, u'll have to u knw, go right all the way into it and the only can move right....the "short shift" that i was talking about was half the distance of putting in the gear at 1st gear, 2nd gear...etc etc....get what i mean ar....??

i think what he is trying to say is 'close ratio'....
but think twice...u might lose your top speed...it's nice going uphill...but if u travel on highway...u tears might start dripping...just my op....correct me if i am wrong...jus another learning process ain't it? =)

Gti said:
i think what he is trying to say is 'close ratio'....
but think twice...u might lose your top speed...it's nice going uphill...but if u travel on highway...u tears might start dripping...just my op....correct me if i am wrong...jus another learning process ain't it? =)

yaya...close ratio...hehe..sorry...wasn't sure about the term..close ratio is bad for top speed???...hmmm.....i din know that....then maybe i'll just change the gear shaft to a shorter one...the current one is just to long!....HAHA....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom