Shell FuelSave Challenge rounds up winners for grand final

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The first leg of the Shell FuelSave Challenge saw police officer Tan Moh Chuan crowned as the Johor state winner, netting him RM3,000 worth of prizes and a ticket to the grand finals that will be held in October this year. He will go up against the winners of the Selangor and Penang legs for the RM50,000 grand prize.

Tan managed the feat by clocking in 29.45km on a single liter of Shell FuelSave 95 along an 80km long route. He narrowly edged out the second and third placed winners as the both of them managed over 28km on a single liter of fuel.

“Initially, I thought that the only way to use less fuel is to travel less, which is impossible as we have work and daily errands. However, that has changed since I have come to know about the Shell FuelSave Challenge which shows us simple, practical ways to reduce fuel consumption. I am happy to emerge as the winner of this Shell FuelSave Challenge for Johor state and it is not just because of the prizes. The most important ‘prize’ I will take away with me are the Shell FuelSave tips, the first step towards reducing one’s fuel consumption,” said Tan.

“Nowadays, more and more motorists are looking for ways to cut back on spending without compromising their lifestyle. Enriched with Shell Efficiency Improver, Shell FuelSave 95 is formulated to help motorists save up to one litre of fuel per tank . It is a lifestyle enabler which helps Malaysians stretch their ringgit. Motorists can now go further at no extra cost,” said Azman Ismail, Managing Director of Shell Malaysia Trading.

Fans that visit the roadshows also got the opportunity to get up close and personal with Fahrin Ahmad, the Shell FuelSave Ambassador. Those that are interested in participating in the challenge need to be at least 24 years of age and possess a minimum of five years of driving experience. All you have to do is drop by the Shell FuelSave roadshows and answer a few questions and go through the elimination process.

Alternatively, motorists can also register online at www.shell.com.my/fuelsave to be in the running to win these prizes, and be crowned as the Shell FuelSave Challenge Champion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Organisers JPM Motorsport have promised the Super GT race this weekend will be a great event with something for everybody and fans of local rock music are in for a treat as the Rock & Race concert that will be held on Sunday after the race brings the likes of Hujan, Radja and Azlan & The Typewriter together to rock Sepang International Circuit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience