setup for myvi...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sbd18

Known Member
hi guys...

just got back from checking with my audio shop...went through all the options available for MyVi...as u know so far no news for bracket for the HU so I have placed the HU plan on hold...can change it later when nice brackets come out in the market...plus the stock HU should be good enuff with the proper setup...

so far this is wht i have planned...pls advise...especially on the price for those that know the market...

Alpine SPR-176A Component Speakers for the Front (Door Mounted)
Alpine SPS-170A 2 Way Coaxial Speakers for the Rear (Door)
Alpine MRV-F340 4 Channel Amp (Power all speakers)

for a total price of RM2850 installed...this includes all the RCA cables, fuse box, Hi-Lo converter and cables...

added to that is my existing 10 inch Alpine subwoofer with MGT Power (Japanese) 2 channel amp to power it...

so wht do u guys think? good setup? worth the cost? pls advise...the setup is meant for SQ with mostly r&b / hip hop music...

thanks...

there is an empty space below the air cond tuils which cab be fitted wif the HU. however, hv to reroute the wiring to the new HU. Depending on ur the person installling it, if it's a pro can active 2 audio system at the same time.

Actually, there is HU console for sale from Toyota Passo's. Exactly the same, just PNP. But the price is crazy, RM1,200 for a carbon fibre version. Stock not in import at all for the moment. Me too waiting for the console b4 going for anything. Hopefully the local made can be out ASAP to ease all the MyVi owners. :-)

Perhaps take the component and the amp first. u can skip the rear speaker.

Btw, is it a must to use a hi lo? coz with a hi lo it dosent sound that good, ur installer got check if the HU has got RCA out?

i think the hi lo is a must...especially with 2 amps being used...

wht about the price? reasonable?

Whats a Hi-Lo? Btw where u installing the amp? I'm a MYVI owner too

I hv one question here. If still use back the stock HU..but only
change all the speakers and add in a amp. Would this improve
the sound?

Last edited:
keropok said:
I hv one question here. If still use back the stock HU..but only
change all the speakers and add in a amp. Would this improve
the sound?

but the ori player doesnt play mp3 n WMA...better change it..

This is the prob...cannot change the HU...coz there will be

a gap under th HU. :-( so...this will improve sound....
scouting around for a decent setup for my MyVi.

definately it will improve sound...and u can use the amplifier to get the better power output instead of the HU....only down side is not enuff outputs...so using Hi-Low will drop the performance by 20% or so...

anyone can recommend a good installer? i was thinking about kf audio...

Mmm.. Rm2850 Installed,

How about a package deal of an PPI PCX-440, Helix Esprit Components and a 12"Helix Blue subwoofer for RM 2650, installation should be another 2-300 extra... Sell off the existing amp and sub to get free installation and mayeb more! :)

Also if you decide to go for an ADS P450.2, there is a built in high level input so you wont need a hi-lo converter, just need to pull the cable from the Hu to the amp. ADS will cost you Rm50 more :)

The ADS is a 4x50w amp at 12.8V while the PPI is a 4x40w at 12V.

calvinhpk said:
izso.... myvi?? since when?? how come never tell me?

kekeke.. technically it's my girlfriends. So what's hers is mine and whats mine is hers.. so that means I got a MYVI la.. :D hahah

Hey what's a hi-lo converter la?

KEROPOK : How the heck you change the HU in MYVI? it's all just a panel only right? You go and potong the panel ka?

Nope haven't done it yet. Went to this shop in Serdang..

and the guy told me that they could make a bracket for it

but dunno if it would look good. About the shop i did my HU
n speakers there for my Kancil...workmanship and price is good.
Wondering if there are any ready made HU panel for MyVi?

keropok said:
This is the prob...cannot change the HU...coz there will be

a gap under th HU. :-( so...this will improve sound....
scouting around for a decent setup for my MyVi.

wat bout adding another HU instead of removing the current 1??

You can add anotehr HU as ther is space beneath the cluster for it.

As for removing the HU, you could but at the moment it will be a custom job to change it. Also the stock HU is a pseudo 2 don unit. Have to take out the whole thing to have a look to really know how much space is available behind it.

On installation, if you want the list of a few shops that I go to, just PM me

Bert said:
You can add anotehr HU as ther is space beneath the cluster for it.

As for removing the HU, you could but at the moment it will be a custom job to change it. Also the stock HU is a pseudo 2 don unit. Have to take out the whole thing to have a look to really know how much space is available behind it.

On installation, if you want the list of a few shops that I go to, just PM me

wat type of HU suitable??

Underneath the centre console is big enuff for a 1 din HU... anything u fancy.

As for cutting out the original HU and making a bracket, gotta open up n have a look see first to see how much space is available before coming to a conclusion.

Bert said:
Underneath the centre console is big enuff for a 1 din HU... anything u fancy.

As for cutting out the original HU and making a bracket, gotta open up n have a look see first to see how much space is available before coming to a conclusion.

u try get some info on it....if really can install ...pls inform me...thanx..

Top Bottom