Senna joins Lotus Renault GP in development role

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Two parts of a piece are once again a whole as the Senna name is reunited with the Lotus banner as Bruno Senna has signed up with Lotus Renault GP as the team’s third driver that will also see him play a vital role in the Group’s development of their road cars.

“It’s a really exciting opportunity from both Group Lotus and Lotus Renault GP. To be able to develop my Formula One career within a World Championship winning organisation and to do so in conjunction with some hugely interesting work for such an iconic sports car company as Lotus is a once in a lifetime opportunity,” said Senna on the completion of the signing.

“Lotus has placed a great deal of faith in me and I am looking forward to beginning work on the technical side of our relationship. Giving feedback into the development of the Lotus road and race programs will be a fun but challenging way to spend time between my Formula One commitments as a reserve driver for Lotus Renault GP,” he added.

“We’re delighted to have Bruno on board. In his young motorsport career he’s built up a great armoury of skills and experience. He’s a fast learner and this talent combined with his ability to shift between different types of race car will make him a great asset to Lotus. Normally people like to talk about the ‘technology transfer’ between F1 and road cars but in Bruno’s case we’re opening this up to an intellectual transfer, we’re certainly going to keep him busy,” said Lotus Director of Motorsport, Claudio Berro.

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
im confuse right now please anyone shade some light for me, fairuz fauzy is the reserve driver and bruno is the 3rd driver? so lotus renault gp have 4 driver? thats a whole lot of driver for one team. weird2

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
my confusion of team lotus that using renault engine that used to be under one roof of lotus racing that now lotus renault gp still haywire... let alone this 4th driver of lotus racing that already overloaded by fairus fauzy that recommended by tony fernandes that now in team lotus instead of lotus racing. hahhhhhh i want to sokong mercedes petronas only lahhhh!! easy!:mad::mad::mad:

MiTec-i

500 RPM
May 2, 2004
Kay L
www.teamfuze.rules.it
I think they hav 5 test/3rd/development/reserve(watever u call it) driver,Senna,Fauzy,Ho-Pin Tung, Jan Charouz,Romain Grosjean.Ferrari also hav a few test driver,not only 1...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
to replace badly injured kubica maybe????

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
they prefer senna i think.. more experience compared to fairuz.. moreover, fairuz was far off pace during testing.. sad.