Scratched front bumper 2005 Honda Accord Black

hellojeffo

Mar 20, 2005
Hello guys, I accidentally scratched my dad's 2005 Honda Accord front bumper today against a ridiculously high road kerb (or is it curb?). Well, I gotta admit, it is my fault, my driving is not up to standards.. whatever. The front of the car is too long, and my dad's sitting position is too low, that's why I didn't judge properly.

Anyway, I am here to ask if anyone knows of a product that can remove these scratches??? If I can't remove, can I at least do something to cover up the scratches (make them look black colour again, instead of the white scratches). For your info, the car is black, and the front bumper is made of plastic. Or are there any other DIY methods I can try?

Dec 18, 2005
hellojeffo,

Don't blame yourself too much..accidents happens, that's exactly why they are called 'accidents'. Anyways, with scratches against plastic and your car colour being black there is not really one 'magic' product that will make the damages go away just like that. DIY methods could be risky as they might make the damage worse, and that's definitely not what you want. If you like, you could drop by Next Level Customz in Sunway for us to take a look. I can assess the damage and provide you with a few solutions that suits your budget, no obligations. We are at 49, Jalan PJS 11/9 next to Sunway College. You can contact me directly at 016-286 7136 as well. Hope this helps.

hellojeffo

Mar 20, 2005
Thank you guys for all the helpful answers. I have tried some polishing, and it removed about 20% of the scratches, but the scratches were deep, so it is still very visible. Which leaves me with 2 choices, one, is to get a second hand bumper which my friend can deal me for very cheap, or else I will send it to a professional shop! Need to consider!!! Thanks!!!

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
shit..dont tell me ...when did this happen??...
i think better take it to professional since it is deep...

if it the touch up is too costly..then better get another bumper...
though hopeffully it wont..

Dec 18, 2005
hellojeffo,

We at Next Level Customz provides professional touch ups and paintwork. So no need to throw your money buying another bumper..unless it's actually below RM 100..please refer to my previous post and call me if you need clarification.

hellojeffo

Mar 20, 2005
nextlevel said:
hellojeffo,

We at Next Level Customz provides professional touch ups and paintwork. So no need to throw your money buying another bumper..unless it's actually below RM 100..please refer to my previous post and call me if you need clarification.
Hello Nextlevel, If I am not mistaken, I have seen your booth at some kind of Car Show or at the Japan GT event. I am still considering at the moment. If I were to take a picture of the scratches, could you give me a quotation or estimate on the price??? Thanks.

Ehaab, I scratched this about a week ago, hehe, the bloody kerb (or curb) was too high hehe, that's how I scratched it. Don't worry though, no major damage dealt... just ugly scratches!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've seen alot of cars tint their rear lights...looks rather nice...how is it done? and isit legal in the first place? <_< thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience