S350L merc crashes into tree in Kuala Lumpur

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru

Happened in Kuala Lumpur: S350L of the Naza Limo service. 3 dead 1 seriously injured. <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Report: The Star

Friday August 10, 2007

Joyride goes fatally wrong

KUALA LUMPUR: A joyride turned tragic for four friends when three of them were killed after the Mercedes-Benz they were travelling in crashed into a guardhouse.

The car first smashed into a billboard and then into a tree before crashing through the guardhouse, in front of a luxury apartment not far from the Kampung Pandan roundabout in Jalan Tun Razak here.

It was the second incident involving a luxury car at the stretch in less than 30 hours, after a Porsche Carrera crashed and killed a passenger in the underpass there on Wednesday.

The driver of the Mercedes S350L, identified as M. Matthew Savari, 31, and passenger A. Kumaravel, 30, both worked for a private company here that uses luxury cars to carry VIP clients.

The third victim in the 5.30pm incident, Nurliana Jamal Khan, 20, was from Penang.

Front seat passenger Richard Dass Augustin, 20, suffered serious leg injuries and has been warded at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital.

The bodies of the dead have been sent to the hospital for post mortem.

Police said the car did not belong to the driver or his passengers, who were all trapped in the car and had to be extricated by firemen.

Early on Wednesday morning, stall operator Chong Wai Hon, 23, from Wangsa Maju, died when the Porsche Carrera he was travelling in with two friends crashed in the underpass.

Passing motorists dragged the three men out of the burning car.

The driver of the car, identified as Wong Lam Kit, 23, and mechanic Chin Wai Keong, 28, have been admitted to the KLH.

They, too, had gone on a joyride in somebody else's car.

“We will investigate if they had taken the car without the permission of the owners,” City traffic police (acting traffic investigations division head) Asst Supt Rizal Abdul Rahman Sidek said.

The accident prompted SMART highway authorities to temporarily close the tunnel until 9am yesterday.

Text: The Star

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
i thought the location of the condominium is supposed to be good...nearly wanted to get one for myself...i guess i will just pass...

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
the driver should be resonsible for this....don't he even think about other ppl who r travelling with him??????????what r short thinking....

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
speeding kill u even u drive a luxury car but almost happen from driver...totally scrap lol

WLA3366

Known Member
Jul 7, 2006
www.friendster.com
Dun we think there is something else which create such a crashed. Normally a car is built base on the R&D so that it will protect the driver and the passengers inside the car.

To me this it is a terrible crash, unusual!
1. Speed - That car is built to handle corner and with traction control and ABS system.
2. Absorber and Tires - The original tires is semi slick for good road grip and weight distribution is way too good thou it is a little softer then racing type.
3. Chassis and Air Bags - It is not a Milo tin and the full airbags deployed in case of something happen like this one!
4. This car also built for Intermediate driver to become a PRO.

Possibility:
1. Driver is drunk;
2. The Brake System Jam;
3. The Road Conditions;
4. Ghost - Ridiculous it is not month of Ghost yet- he he

What do you guys think? This is not the first time this type of incident happen at the same place and almost the same time...

Place your opinion here.

Cheers

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I wonder what had caused the S Class to a fatal crash with all the state-of-the-art passengers safety features in it.

Power_Hong

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Subang Jaya
Visit site
This is an extremely unfortunate incident. Innocent lives were lost.
As the newspaper has reported, it was a case of a JOYRIDE. There are questions to be raised too..

1) Was the driver authorized to take the car out in the first place?

As this is a powerful machine, I believe NAZA would have trained drivers specially to drive this car. As we all know, modern Merc has all this electronic gadgets and stuff. But in this accident, is this driver a 'trained personnel' or just some employee who took this car out to show off to his friends? Thus leading to this sad fatal accident.

For a crash of this magnitude.. I think the driver is driving really fast. Perhaps over 100kmh when the crash happen. (Princess Diana's Merc crashed at 190kmh) and yet the front passenger didnt die. Same as this case. The front passenger survived. Seat belts save lives..

Anyway, this is just my 2cents. Any comments is welcome..

Andy9668

Known Member
Oct 17, 2006
Better don play play on the road la. Even big huge lorry also will totaly crash on the road, and this S350 only small size compare with big lorry.

rcrossz7

Known Member
Apr 13, 2005
Shah Alamanda
Visit site
like the malays proverb

"macam kera dapat bunga, habis dimakannya"

feel sorry though for the dead. if got blackbox like aircraft can determine who's fault.

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
jipet r... this is that THING CAUSE ME FOR 1 hrs JAM LA!!!

blitzs360 I support ur comment!!

SE ME FOR 1 hrs JAM LA!!! I also drive freakening fast.. who of us here dun ram till habis ur rpm or meter ones.. and that is a freakening BENZ LA! how many damn POT is there and ABS system also can crash like that? drunk and drive issit... eiu!~~ I smoked ciggy until my lung also bengang with me, coz i was so pissed with those fkers out there cutting queues and cut here cut there.. dah lah jam gila biba!~~ ni nak sekat sini sana... SATU KL JAM becoz of one damn accident!!! lagi cakap lagi panas!!!

GRRRRRR!!!!!~~~~