Rsm

denishsoh99

Known Member
Sep 15, 2009
Melaka
HI ALL SIFU............
I WISH TO ASK MY SILVIA S15 JUST INSTALL A RSM,STARTING WAS OK,BUT THINK AROUND 5 MINUTE THE REV WAS NOT FUNCTIONING(RSM) TOGETHER V MY METER RPM ALSO NO SIGNAL...
I INSTALL FOLLOW BY THE WIRING DIAGRAM FROM INTERNET......
1.WHY DOES IT HAPPENED??IZIT I WRONG CONNECT WIRE???BUT IF YES WHY WILL FUNTION AT START???
2.WHAT SHOULD I CHECK BY THIS CASE ??I GOT NO IDEA COZ ORI RPM IN METER OSO NOT WORKING??SPEED WAS FUNTION!!!IZIT SOMETHING WRONG TO THE ECU(WIRE SHOT)??
3.I TRY TO REMOVE THE RSM SOCKET TILL RPM IN METER NO SIGNAL OSO??

PLS HELP ME THE SOLVE ABOVE AND THANKS VERY MUCH FOR INCONVENIENCE CASE!!!!!!

BEST REGARDS...

:wavey:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
how bout checking on ur connection on the rpm signal wire???
mayb it somehow snap causing both rsm n ur stock rpm meter not getting the signal???

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Yes bro.. but your follow which one?
Did you DIY or someone else do for you...

Minor- rpm wire broken or wrong wiring of rpm signal
Major- Your dash meter, some fuse resistor burnt... (due to mis wiring)...

TQ.. n waiting

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

The correct way...
Pls re-check if it wasn't u that fix it.... TQ

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

denishsoh99

Known Member
Sep 15, 2009
Melaka
thanks for ur times bro....yes i using above diagram..its work when starting install(around 5 minute)...afterthat i install to push start button than i realise the rpm both not working,,....(*meter and rsm)..
and i check back to conection found that one of the wire was lose from conector(conector long wire rsm)i suspect the wire shot to beside wire and i check the fuse box one by one nothing was burn..???and i use computer to conect they got signal rpm from ecu..... push start button will cause to its???and i try to remove the wire from push start botton to original back till the same!!!!headache o... no idea liao.. the only thing i havent check is meter wire....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
thanks for ur times bro....yes i using above diagram..its work when starting install(around 5 minute)...afterthat i install to push start button than i realise the rpm both not working,,....(*meter and rsm)..
and i check back to conection found that one of the wire was lose from conector(conector long wire rsm)i suspect the wire shot to beside wire and i check the fuse box one by one nothing was burn..???and i use computer to conect they got signal rpm from ecu..... push start button will cause to its???and i try to remove the wire from push start botton to original back till the same!!!!headache o... no idea liao.. the only thing i havent check is meter wire....
Okay... now I understand more clearly your problem.
Now the important point is... which wire loose from connector? 12V(red) or RPM..
If 12v touch the rpm wire... yes can short out the dash rom meter...
Start button should not have relation.. unless pull pull the wire lor then kena the rsm...

If u confirm ecu rpm still got signal out by dianogistic cable/socket... then dash meter maybe koyak.

I want to know also

1. if RSM still can function... RPM display... try another car.
If cannot means also shorted out....:banghead:

2. Borrow another ecu and put into your car. If dash meter rpm ok then...
ECU koyak!!! but meter is ok....

How also lose... only lose big or lose small.
Ask the shop to pay lor....!!!

Pls try and let me know... will assist wat i can....

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

P/s: RSM BUY NEW OR SECOND HAND?
second hand ones...iF WIRE CONDITION NOT GOOD(LIKE LOOSE AT CONNECTOR, IT IS possible BECAUSE STOLEN ITEM... THEY JUST PULL PULL SO THIS WILL HAPPEN). Is the wrie shorter than normal? Normal 1 meter plus....
aNYWAY JUST asking....

denishsoh99

Known Member
Sep 15, 2009
Melaka
yes i bought 2nd....maybe was stolen parts i suspect also !!!but they really got 1 meter!!!only strange was the conector change to whtie colour!!ori was black i guess!!
but if meter (rpm)spoiled will cause to rsm(rev)not working together>>???
i cant comfirm wats wire was lose.. will update u when i check!!!
but till suspect the ecu problems??i dignostic cable can read cleary of signal o...???

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
yes i bought 2nd....maybe was stolen parts i suspect also !!!but they really got 1 meter!!!only strange was the conector change to whtie colour!!ori was black i guess!!
i cant comfirm wats wire was lose.. will update u when i check!!!
but till suspect the ecu problems??i dignostic cable can read cleary of signal o...???
Dignostic... get data via ecu's main ic... input got...
Out put to meter that DUN have... ok?

White color? Already changed or repaired... dunno got join wrongly onot!!
If all color matched then still ok.

Should not but...cannot be sure.
You want to test?... cut the rpm signal wire into 2, then join the rsm to the ecu side wire...
the other side wire... just tape up first..
see if rsm-rpm can work onot. if can... ecu ok, rsm ok....dash rpm KO!
Tq

denishsoh99

Known Member
Sep 15, 2009
Melaka
k understood!!!!! thanks alot bro....

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

but bro...if till ecu problems u can repaired its??o i need to change the ecu.. think so got somewere else knew to repair ecu ic!!!!

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
k understood!!!!! thanks alot bro....

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

but bro...if till ecu problems u can repaired its??o i need to change the ecu.. think so got somewere else knew to repair ecu ic!!!!
I can try to help you out...:biggrin:
Anyway, go test it out on another car first lor... if really ecu KO, then PM me ok...
bTW, U GO DRIFT wit the car?

Tq

denishsoh99

Known Member
Sep 15, 2009
Melaka
no la... i dint drift!!!k... if they ecu kong i will pm u !!!
very very thanks for ur times bro..........

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi e tech.......
U got pm bro....
Bro....
As I said, will try to help you but....

You need to confirm your ecu first.
Pls test another ecu in your car...will the rpm meter work?
Or you ecu go to another car... will rpm meter work?

How also you need to confirm this first before I can help you...
Go find the club members of Nissan S15 for help.
Okay?

When sure it is ecu, then only we try change the SMT rectifier diodes....

Tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody can help me what i need to ensure the mivec system can running in my 4g93 na engine if i change the:

- Mivec head, intake manifold, throttle body, distributor, plug cable. Can the mivec function well if I still use the same wiring and ecu? Or can it function if i just install the mivec controller? I hope anybody can share the knowledge, experience and information.Thank U...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience