Ron95 or Ron97 for Mivec 4G92

Thank you to all sifus that had given me some nice suggestion. Right now i'm thinking of this combo of 1.8 block+v6tt injector+e-manage. Just for happy2x :proud:driving in the city. Any others add-on? Plus using Ron97 of course :fisheye:

hi hi good day to all....

i use mivec engine tooo i do try use RON 95 at my engine and i feel the engine is lacking power after using 95 so i switch back to 97....

i d use shell 95 result lack of pick up
i do use caltex 95 result so so only
i do use petronas 95 totally out...
and bhp soo soo only the power
but i do use esso is much better on power...
all depend to ur engine and uuuu la....

now i use 97 only event the price is abit high because i do sales so veryday is on the road...
my fuel comsumption is RM 50 can run 325 plus plus meaning is rm50/325km = rm 0.15++ perkilo..

ur guys how?

Thank you to all sifus that had given me some nice suggestion. Right now i'm thinking of this combo of 1.8 block+v6tt injector+e-manage. Just for happy2x :proud:driving in the city. Any others add-on? Plus using Ron97 of course :fisheye:

There are alot to upgrade if U have the $$$$

what is price different 97 and vpower? all shell I go dont have vpower, only 95 and 97 only

Certain shell still have vpower for sell, check a post in car talk section, zth member uploaded a list of shell station in msia which selling vpower... i went one station but they said no v power, luckily i found another one nearby station got vpower... price rm2.25

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

dun use flat piston, totally sucks unless you plan to bot it... i use 1.8 block, mivec piston, ori gasket (was told 0.4mm) & H22A injector, didn't touch abt ignition setting, didn't install cam pulley, just install emanage to fine tune fuel... no knocking... power and fuel consumption not bad... I'm not mech, just state out my car details, anything pls dun tembak me k.. :wavey:
But i control engine and water temp lah, dunno whether this has anything to do with performance or not... use two layer radiator and trust oil cooler...

Last edited:
haha, G should hire him as the RON95 Ambassador...
and the poster should put :YES WE CAN pump 95... if ferrari can do it, we can do it, malaysia boleh~~

Certain shell still have vpower for sell, check a post in car talk section, zth member uploaded a list of shell station in msia which selling vpower... i went one station but they said no v power, luckily i found another one nearby station got vpower... price rm2.25

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

dun use flat piston, totally sucks unless you plan to bot it... i use 1.8 block, mivec piston, ori gasket (was told 0.4mm) & H22A injector, didn't touch abt ignition setting, didn't install cam pulley, just install emanage to fine tune fuel... no knocking... power and fuel consumption not bad... I'm not mech, just state out my car details, anything pls dun tembak me k.. :wavey:
But i control engine and water temp lah, dunno whether this has anything to do with performance or not... use two layer radiator and trust oil cooler...

wow, good no knocking.. u're lucky.. when we done my friends car, knocking like hell, so change back to 1.8 flat piston, but the power not suck, better when midrange to high rpm..

H22a injector? Ur sure? Thanks mate!! I'm thinking of doing the same mod as ur. How about fuel consumption? Okay or like hell? Can pm me the detail of ur engine mod? :listen:

H22a injector? Ur sure? Thanks mate!! I'm thinking of doing the same mod as ur. How about fuel consumption? Okay or like hell? Can pm me the detail of ur engine mod? :listen:

if u tune properly ur fuel consumption will not be heavy but u cannot compare to stock engine la.. if u want a very cheap fuel consumption don't modified it, leave them stock..

hi hi good day to all....

i use mivec engine tooo i do try use RON 95 at my engine and i feel the engine is lacking power after using 95 so i switch back to 97....

i d use shell 95 result lack of pick up
i do use caltex 95 result so so only
i do use petronas 95 totally out...
and bhp soo soo only the power
but i do use esso is much better on power...
all depend to ur engine and uuuu la....

now i use 97 only event the price is abit high because i do sales so veryday is on the road...
my fuel comsumption is RM 50 can run 325 plus plus meaning is rm50/325km = rm 0.15++ perkilo..

ur guys how?

Yeah, same here, after using several Ron95 from Shell, Caltex and Petronas, engine is very noisy lacking power n low milage.

Currently running on Esso F1, engine much much better. The V-Power is only so so, not as good as Esso F1.:driver: btw,this is me http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...rick-wong.html and im so sorry on those offensive & lame posts i posted,this is what i've done to one of the member http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...forummers.html

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, good no knocking.. u're lucky.. when we done my friends car, knocking like hell, so change back to 1.8 flat piston, but the power not suck, better when midrange to high rpm..

Actually i also wondering why dun have knocking, cos i have actually prepared budget for gadget... but the mech said ok leh... i tried also ok, is it really that same engine same set up same condition some will get knocking some will not?

My fuel consumption is 1l=10.5-11km/h, i think not so bad lah...

Bro, you mean flat piston have better mid-highrpm powerband? i thought higher cr higher ps? cos i used flat piston before and power not that good, i feel great diff at mid-high after mivec piston swapped.

Last edited:
Actually i also wondering why dun have knocking, cos i have actually prepared budget for gadget... but the mech said ok leh... i tried also ok, is it really that same engine same set up same condition some will get knocking some will not?

Bro, you mean flat piston have better mid-highrpm powerband? i thought higher cr higher ps? cos i used flat piston before and power not that good, i feel great diff at mid-high after mivec piston swapped.

Yes.. Higher CR better PS. BUt prone to knocking. however, tunning can safe knocks.

Yeah, same here, after using several Ron95 from Shell, Caltex and Petronas, engine is very noisy lacking power n low milage.

Currently running on Esso F1, engine much much better. The V-Power is only so so, not as good as Esso F1.:driver: btw,this is me http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...rick-wong.html and im so sorry on those offensive & lame posts i posted,this is what i've done to one of the member http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...forummers.html

thats the way

Just nice. Your fc is okay what? I'm hoping to achieve what u done also. BTW, where did u do ur car?

yeah, but knocking like hell, u also scared to push the pedal. maybe ur engine builder is good enough. me and my friend built on our own.

how many mm ur metal gasket? I think most I meet, 4g93 mivec with mivec piston will be knocking unless put thicker metal gasket..

i taruk RON95 on my 92 mivec..strictly 95 mobil/esso..retard the ignition a bit,then i bit low pickup,but wider power on mid range and same power on hi revs as the 97's..and its only 1.80 per litre..ha ha..

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

1.8 stoker + piston 92 D-V mivec = knock..its an evergreen debatable issue..from my experience..
bring ur pistons to ur favourite machinist + ask them to deepen the valve pockets + use 1mm gasket + proper tune on ignition timing advance/retard = happy revving frm low to mid to top end.

I am also a proud owner of 4G92 Mivec like most of you guys.

But the recent increase of RON 97 to RM2.90/litre really make me (maybe you guys too) that maintaining a Mivec is really expensive now as prices for all other basic necessity stuffs also went up.

I just want to know if any of you guys have shifted using RON 95 lately, if so, any knocking on your Mivec?

I have tried Esso RON 95 and I requested a few mechanics to test drive my Mivec to see if there is any "knocking" and all of them said they can't hear any "knocking" sound (which is not the answer I wanted to hear) but they all against me using RON 95 for Mivec (high-compression engine) because it will damage the engine pistons and in worse scenario blow-up the engine.

Try to surf the net to find out the recommnded RON rating for 4G92 but it made me more confusing as some postings (all are not from MMC website or Manual) saying the preferred one is of course RON 100 (the nearest we have in Mlaysia Shell V Power rated as RON 98) and there are some said it must be unleaded (RON 95 also unleaded) and most of them believes that RON97 is preferred RON rating.

Lately there are some said to use RON 95 with Octane Booster but in the market is now "flooded" with various brands of Octane Booster prices ranging from RM20.00 to RM60.00 - wonder if this Octane Booster really worth trying.

Pls share your view how to overcome this "expensive" maintenance of ours "beloved" Mivec.

Intervener

i use RON 95 on my mivec 1.8 since last year...so far no knocking detected...power also not much different...

Hi! mizi0604,

Thank for your view.

May I know:-

(a) did you rev until 5,200 rpm for the activastion of Mivec?

(b) how the fuel consumption?

My Mivec is more "thirsty" with RON 95 average 9km per litre and with RON 97 average 12km per litre (driving below 100 km/hours and no Mivedc activation)

intervener

Top Bottom