Replacing Car Tint

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
My car's V-KOOL's tint starting to change colour from green to brown. I've heard there's a better tint called S.I.R. Film and waranteed by V-KOOL and another company for 10 years? The colour is very natural and you won't notice that your car got tinted unless you look closely. Has anyone used this tint and know around how much is the price of this tint. TY..

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
Er,frankly speaking,it is pure rubbish to give so long warranty..Cause wit our hot wheather,the tint sure change colour.. Even my supplier say the tint have 5 years,i always tell my customer..Honestly,the most i can give is 3 years..SO not sure bout urs..
Just my 2 cents...

JtuneD

5,000 RPM
Apr 2, 2004
State Of Trance
Visit site
FYI : VKool tinted film will fade due to it's material using for the film, no doubt it's a good tint film but after some years, it will start to fade! Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is my personal experience with my another car with VKool tint film b4! After that i choose 3M Crystaline..it's a very good tint so far with great heat rejection as well!!:rofl:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Er,frankly speaking,it is pure rubbish to give so long warranty..Cause wit our hot wheather,the tint sure change colour.. Even my supplier say the tint have 5 years,i always tell my customer..Honestly,the most i can give is 3 years..SO not sure bout urs..
Just my 2 cents...
taikor u do tinting?

wan to ask u a question...my car now got two layer of tint...can i just remove the 2nd layer and maintain the 1st wan?

JtuneD

5,000 RPM
Apr 2, 2004
State Of Trance
Visit site
Kai Meng : AFAIK..it can't! Once u tear off the 1st tint, ur inner tint will be tear off as well..!!

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Warantee....
Warantee sampai rosak only ma... No use one la.. after few years u use and the colour start become like shit liao.. they will say "Oh.. this one no warantee"
Choose those you like and suitable to you... warantee... Boleh-land where got warantee one... later this and that.. bla bla black sheep... sucks!:mad:

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
taikor..u not yet answer my question about the new S.I.R. film ler :P

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
taikor u do tinting?

wan to ask u a question...my car now got two layer of tint...can i just remove the 2nd layer and maintain the 1st wan?
Ha..ha..mana boleh.where can.. u pull oput the first the second mostly will come out wan..if never come out also got sticky stain..than must remove the stain..:rolleyes: y ur car very dark?
( I am not tai kor leh)
Still young..:bawling:

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
i think can, if the 2nd layer was the damn black one la.. talking bout tinting, which was the best for windscreen??

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Kai Meng : AFAIK..it can't! Once u tear off the 1st tint, ur inner tint will be tear off as well..!!
thanks...my car need to send to JPJ for inspection..so plan just to peel off the second layer tint....hai....

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Ha..ha..mana boleh.where can.. u pull oput the first the second mostly will come out wan..if never come out also got sticky stain..than must remove the stain..:rolleyes: y ur car very dark?
( I am not tai kor leh)
Still young..:bawling:
i stick two layer.....so now wan to remove one layer only for inspection this coming november by our boleh land JPJ

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
i think can, if the 2nd layer was the damn black one la.. talking bout tinting, which was the best for windscreen??
taikor what u mean?

my first layer of tint is 3m wan...the second is the chiplak brand from ML accessories shop....

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
not taikor mehh.. the damn black one, cant c inside, but if normal one donno la..

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
kelisa6009, if ya 1st layer tint is good and thick enough .. whe u peal off the 2nd layer .. the first layer wont come out if peal slowly and carefully la of course .. i did mine before .. with 1st layer still nicely attached .. but be remind that the color coating on the first layer will come out abit .. if ya 1st layer tint is with heavy color like gold or green .. then sorry man .. u gonna get somehting like tiger strips .. good luck man :)

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
kelisa6009, if ya 1st layer tint is good and thick enough .. whe u peal off the 2nd layer .. the first layer wont come out if peal slowly and carefully la of course .. i did mine before .. with 1st layer still nicely attached .. but be remind that the color coating on the first layer will come out abit .. if ya 1st layer tint is with heavy color like gold or green .. then sorry man .. u gonna get somehting like tiger strips .. good luck man :)
my is not mistaken is 3m......thanks for the adice..will try to peel off this few day and see if i really can save my 1st tint

how to remove all the glue that stick to the 1st tint when u remove the second tint?

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
mag,
yakuza?? yakult i knew la..

kelisa,
u can use shampoo n rub it wit smooth clothes slowly, but of coz it was damn hard, ur 1st tint may scratch n if wrong shampoo/soap been use, tint may blur..

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
mag,
yakuza?? yakult i knew la..

kelisa,
u can use shampoo n rub it wit smooth clothes slowly, but of coz it was damn hard, ur 1st tint may scratch n if wrong shampoo/soap been use, tint may blur..
THANKS...will try to see if it works

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, i'm quite new here... just need some info on where to find parts for my car.... my car is a wira but converted to 6a10 last year... it's more or less same as 6a12 but smaller cc... just wondering anyone knows any performance parts for this engine... like exhaust manifold or nice intakes....or independent 6 throttle maybe (i saw it in a australian website but i dont know if they sell it here)... i know it's a rare engine but i need all the help here... thanks guys !!! :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience