Remove Kenari oil filter

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Hi folks,

In order to remove the old oil filter, normally mech will need to take off the number plate and 'cap-like' tool to loosen it.

My question is, can i use my good old wrench to do the job? Ne those normal wrench u can find at jusco DIY section.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
u need the oil filter wrench to remove it...

leongts

Jan 4, 2005
If you have left your car to cool down overnight, you can try to use your hand (yes, your hand) to try to loosen the oil filter first. If you can't, then only go back to the mechanic to change oil and INSTRUCT him to tighten the new oil filter with hand. On subsequent change, you can open the filter by hand already, provided you do it when engine is cool la.....

Our hands can actually provide the torque needed to tighten the oil filter. This was conveyed to me by both my mechanics at different place. No need any wrench coz wrench when used by inexperienced person, will do more harm than good (overtighten).

Regards.

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i mean this type of wrench. where can i buy it

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bryan90s said:
i mean this type of wrench. where can i buy it
get it at spare part shop...it wont cost u much..below rm20...i oso got one..

it wil make thign easier if u use this adaptor to loosen /tighten ur filter....

if u dun hv the adaptor, u can use the normal filter removal (belt type)...no problem, just abit hard only as extractor is there....

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i bought a so called 'Universal' wrench at ACE hardware. somehow i cant make it tight around the filter/ seems like kenari filter is too small....

how le?

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
kenari oil filter is smaller than normal oil filter.
try get a smaller oil filter wrench.
or if u wanna loosen it by hand, use a cloth and turn it anti-clockwise like i did.
and to be easier, loosen it from under the car. no need to remove the plate no n cap like tool etc..

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
kenari oil filter is smaller than normal oil filter.
try get a smaller oil filter wrench.
or if u wanna loosen it by hand, use a cloth and turn it anti-clockwise like i did.
and to be easier, loosen it from under the car. no need to remove the plate no n cap like tool etc..
Just by hand power is possible? then to tighten it? hand also?

Elitehunter

Known Member
Dec 6, 2006
yes it is possible. but use cloth to tighten/loosen la, more grip.
if use oil filter wrench also can but scared later overtorque, no good. it also damages the oil filter (scratch marks)

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
for best result, would suggest use the filter wrench as oil filter have oil pressure running on it..hand might not able to tighten it that well

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear members..pls help me..what is the problem for my civic fornt disc brake?the front disc left side have scratch..i already change to another caliper complete with another nice disc..but the problem still same...my mechanic said that was brake masterpump problem..is that true?pls help me....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience