Redemption is the order of the day for Team Ultra Racing Kegani

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

If you have been following the coverage of the 2010 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race you would have noticed a particularly loud pink stripped Toyota Altezza zipping around the circuit making its presence felt. Well that car belongs to Team Ultra Racing Kegani piloted by Jon Teo, Tung Wei, and Mun Leong.

The Wing Hin Motorsports team features two Sepang 1000km race champions, but it's not the complete line up. That's because Tung Wei was part of the Team Ultra Racing Kegani's car #36 that won the S1K while Jon and Mun Leong were piloting car #37 that gave in to mechanical failure. So rest assured this is redemption for them.

The trio have worked overtime to get to where they are now, however having qualified close to the end of the grid, the team definately has its work cut out for them. With a reliable car in an endurance race, qualifying at the end does not mean much as what matters more is who's left racing at the end of the 12-hours, Team Ultra Racing Kegani has a reputation for being able to make it to the end, we speak to the trio to see what the chances are of a finish.

Jon Teo

You guys are fresh out of a disappointing run at the 2010 Sepang 1000km race this past June, what's different now besides the car??

We have learn alot and most of all gained experience from Sepang 1000km, as of running the Altezza will be the most exciting for us from a FWD to a RWD car, it would be a whole new experience for us this year.

You guys ran a Corolla at the S1K, and that broke down, now you guys are running an Altezza but even that was having problems during testing, how's the overall morale??

Motorsport is an exciting and competitive sport.We will try our very best out there.

For some of you it's the first time racing in the MMER and racing at night is going to be an entirely new experience, what are the expectations?

It will be tiring as it starts at midnight but it will be an very exciting race to see.

So what's the battle plan, who's going out first, second and third and why?

Tung Wei, Me and Mun Leong will be the order for us to drive out there.

Anything to say to your teammates?

We get to wake up late to race.i would like to thank all our sponsors, Ultra Racing, Mr Toh, Synergy Radiator, Reinvent Interiar Design, Ni Shin, F Concept Dining, AutoGam, Weslee Racing, DBA Brake, Motul, Steel Crafts, SuperCircuit Exhaust, PC Depot and N1 racing for the tuning services. Special thanks to Kegani Racing & Kegani Motorsport Management & friends for their full support on running this race team.

Tung Wei

You guys are fresh out of a disappointing run at the 2010 Sepang 1000km race this past June, what's different now besides the car??

Actually, in my case it was different, I was actually driving car #36 which was crowned overall champion!
This car is definitely something different, it's the first time any of us has race a rwd car so it's pretty exciting. We encountered a few problems but hopefully everything will work out fine.

You guys ran a Corolla at the S1K, and that broke down, now you guys are running an Altezza but even that was having problems during testing, how's the overall morale??

It's was extremely difficult for me as I came off such a successful s1k but it's definitly worst for Jon and Mun Leong as everything is repeating again. The morale is not the best but however we are a pretty fun bunch so we have been cheering each other up.

For most of you it's the first time racing in the MMER and racing at night is going to be an entirely new experience, what are the expectations?

Actually all of us have raced in the MMER before but all with negative results. We expect to finish in the top 8 but let's see what happens.

So what's the battle plan, who's going out first, second and third and why?

I'll be starting the race for the first time in my life so it's going to be an exciting up. Well, I hope to drive fast and handover a perfect car to my teammates

Anything to say to your teammates?
Good Luck
Go Team Sexy Boyz!!

I would like to give a shout out to our sponsors who have made everything possible. Ultra Racing, Synergy Radiators, PC Depot, DBA, Autogam, Reinvent, F dining concept, Ni Hsin. Thank you for your support!!

And of course Kegani autotech and race team management for providing us with all the resources.

Mun Leong

It's only been a short while after the Sepang 1000km race, so I still have not recovered both from disappointing end & financially. However with the support and encouragement of our sponsors we were able to prepare the car just in time for the event.

This year we are running a rwd car which is entirely new to all of us. As we planned to race the Altezza i went ahead and purchased one as my daily car so hopefully it will help me get acclaimed to the platform.

The morale is somewhat like a roller coaster ride, but we are lucky as we have many people contributing to the team it has helped us a lot!

For most of you it's the first time racing at night and that is going to be an entirely new experience, what are the expectations?

We have all raced in MMER before, but being a night race its definitely going to be a challenge mentally.

Anything to say to your teammates or sponsors?
I would like to thank all our sponsors, Ultra Racing, Mr Toh, Synergy Radiator, Reinvent Interiar Design, Ni Shin, F Concept Dining, AutoGam, Weslee Racing, DBA Brake, Motul, Steel Crafts, SuperCircuit Exhaust, PC Depot and N1 racing for the tuning services. Special thanks to Kegani Racing & Kegani Motorsport Management & friends for their full support on running this race team. And thanks ZTH for the write up.

julian.jules

May 31, 2009
Boys.....we finished 7th - ahead of TW's predicted top 8.....in our class lar! he he

hope you all enjoyed me "riding" with you all during the entire race - on the race comm!! :)