Recond Unreg 05 IS200 or 2nd hand Recond RS200?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

maui303q

Known Member
Hi Sifu-sifu,

I've been searching for a decent RS200 for a while but couldn't make up my mind due to the age of the car.. usually yr made 1999 or 2000. Saw a 2002 unit but not in a very good condition.
Today i notice a UK unreg IS 200 for sale at 118k yr made 2005 but the outlook abit plain.. (IS200 ma)

Would like to have some feedback or suggestions from tezza owners out there.

Cheers
maui

You mean IS 200 or RS 200? The IS 200 is auto 4speed with 1G-FE.. :bawling:

I am actually looking for the auto ones.. Driving manual in KL ok ah? Have not driven manual for close to 10 years already

for manual the clutch is quite soft but if you dont want to shift gear go for auto.
For power & modding capabilities ...... manual is the way to go.

You decide....

Actually I'd prefer auto.. Quite lazy to drive manuals nowadays and not so much into modding the performance. Wan a ride with decent power and good handling...

Thks for the recommendation...i've contacted him.

Thanks for the introduction.. met him.. Hope can get a deal done.. :)

Haha Bro.. Way out of my budget la his ride..:bawling:
Would be drooling over it :adore::adore:

he will drool over u after u moded your ride and give him the smoke... :P
huhahuha...

wah... same color with mine, and almost same number plate with mine too. :P

I think its a matter of what character/soul you are searching for? A high revving high performance or a comfortable easy cruiser executive sedan. But to me, and old 4 speed auto is the killer. It really gets on my nerves. But the IS200 has its beauty too. The nice 6 cyl burble form the exhaust and smooth revving engine makes a really, really nice cruiser! But if you want explosiveness, go for RS200!!!

I think its a matter of what character/soul you are searching for? A high revving high performance or a comfortable easy cruiser executive sedan. But to me, and old 4 speed auto is the killer. It really gets on my nerves. But the IS200 has its beauty too. The nice 6 cyl burble form the exhaust and smooth revving engine makes a really, really nice cruiser! But if you want explosiveness, go for RS200!!!

I am also looking for an Altezza but cant decide between the 1G-FE or 3S-GE auto version. Which 1 would have better fuel economy? Which has better cruise on the highway?

Thanks!

if u plan to transplant to 6MT or 1JZ later, go with 1GFE, car selling price for it should be cheaper.
and if the above is not what u have in mind, and u seek better 'fuel economy',
go for myvi or viva, they drink less.

:biggrin:

Wah taikor wfhan..how can you put myvi or viva on our level..:banghead:

For fuel economy..should recommend Toyota Prius...at least 27km/L for normal driving and at least still Toyota mah..:rofl:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom