Recommendations for 30k budget used car. Good performance & handling

Ya I hope to meet u too and hope u can join us for TT session, Kepong will be every friday 10pm. Somewhere near starplus...let me know when u r ready to come...would love to see another monster soon hehe! I dun own any monster so hope u dun mind lolz! The rest of the members yes...

Sunway side i seldom TT there...only met 1 of the 1jz guy once...nice and experienced guy...

Ya I hope to meet u too and hope u can join us for TT session, Kepong will be every friday 10pm. Somewhere near starplus...let me know when u r ready to come...would love to see another monster soon hehe! I dun own any monster so hope u dun mind lolz! The rest of the members yes...

Sunway side i seldom TT there...only met 1 of the 1jz guy once...nice and experienced guy...

Don't be so humble larh. Everytime ppl says that their car is not a monster turns out to be a beast rather than monster (;'O') LOL...
Mine oso not any monster wad. Jz changed spark plugs, trumpet, fuel reg, fuel pump. Ntg already @.@

Look at bmw e36 .wide range to choose ..m43 is a sohc 8valve1,8cc engine ..for economy and power balance 35 mpg for 115 bhp ..price around 30k plus...want to pep it / change engine to m50 20b 2.0 cc 16 valve ..6 cylin around 28 mpg for 150 bhp ..very smooth quiet car pleanty used parts ...bifgger engines also in e36 like 2.5 and 2.8 cc best go for m50 b20 wonderful car ..balance between power and economy

wow...need to drive till tat slow to achieve good fuel consumption?:biggrin:

bro....based on your rough calculation above....
2km/lit may look small....
but then if per full tank of petrol???
say 40lit...its edi 80km different ler.....
which is = 8lits of fuel.....
sedikit sedikit lama lama jadi bukit.....

No need drive slow, just dun show off during traffic jam, only enjoy yourself when road is clear no need pump brake so often... if i were to drive "jimat" style can hv more mileage, that figure already include occasional speeding and hantam cucuker... 80km/h is alot if is same category vehicle, but as mentioned the feeling all different mah... :biggrin:

JDM is fast, but it doesnt have a comfort feeling especially hi speed cruising, faster acceleration aided by closer ratio is a pain in the ass during cruising, how much rpm for a BT to cruise at 160km/h? Most of the jdm fast car that i encountered doesnt cruise much, they will floor kaw kaw till 200km/h for few minutes then slow down... however old continental car can drive at ease, the stability is totally different level...

Anyway, just find out what you prefer more... a sprinter or a marathon...:biggrin:

anthenna: Aiya, i dun bullshit geh...my car is totally Virgin. lolz! Really not any beast or monster that u mentioned. When u see u will know, even u car can smoke me anytime. I can't even smoke a Triton how to be a monster car? lolz!

anthenna: Aiya, i dun bullshit geh...my car is totally Virgin. lolz! Really not any beast or monster that u mentioned. When u see u will know, even u car can smoke me anytime. I can't even smoke a Triton how to be a monster car? lolz!

How virgin it is? Lol... What car o so virgin?

im now driving a 18yrs ae101 BT 6spd. comfort and ride quality is better than alot 3-5yrs local car.i would say power for this engine below 4k rpm really sluggish. beyond that, haha not bad lo for a 1.6cc car. if u wana play 4age 20v upgrades, seriously not much options.fuel wise very good if you compare other 1.6 class. for 6spd ver, u need more attention because 3rd gear tends to have synchro problem. many owners faced this problem even my car now.

virgin car means no major mods done to the engine...is it right? hehe ....

My Definitions of Virgin car is, stock car..never been touched or add on with silicons :thefinger:

So anthenna, u wanna come TT tonight bo? Tonight 10pm Kepong. Danz wat about u?

Bro,
He he he....follow the link...

www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/310953-wts-1998-toyota-corolla-1-6-seg-a.html

I know this sounds biased cos I am selling my SEG but consider these facts.

1) SEG plenty of chop shop parts. Very important for old car. Cheap due to too much supply
2) 20V BT Auto is cheap and can get easily. Saw a half cut for RM3.5K before any negotiation.
3) SEG still can get loan even though more than 10 Years.
4) Since you are auto fan. Toyota makes the best auto gearbox. Strong and reliable.
Not much of power loss. Feels like manual. For 4A-GE the auto is not detuned.
B16A auto is detune to ensure the gearbox last. So you now see the difference.....
5) Still can get new parts from Wing Hin. Jalan Loke Yew. ST Auto in Jalan Ipoh. and many more.
6) Then the question of resale. Toyota no issue.

Now looking at list of cars have you considered the above.?
Most importantly if your planning to by old car.... ensure there is plenty of support in terms of
parts. If cheap then it is a bonus....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom