Quick Release Steering

Rspirit

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2007
Ive noticed that a quick release steering would be another way to secure our car. However theres something im worrying, after disasemble and connecting back the steering for some time will the hub be loose or something? Is it dangerous for driving till then?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
this technology have been around for 10 years now rspirit.there's no such
cases of the steering wheel suddenly pop out from the hub.back in the
late 90's,quick release boss was voted the best security money can buy
for ur car 3 years in a row in the U.K.

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
They got the idea after watching Mr Bean series..hahahaha....
back to the topic, I did asked some of the retailers the same questions regarding the quick release kit quite sometime back...According to them, although there was never been cases where the steering suddenly came off, but it was not recommended for you to take it off everyday or everytime you leave the car as it is prone to become 'loose'...I never asked the details on the 'loose' part as i believe there's no point to buy one if I can't use it that frequent and I also because I agree on the part where if you use something 3-4 times daily, it'll become 'loose' on the long run...:flute:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
some maintenance once in ever 2 month should be ok.just wipe on some grease
to the ball bearing should be enough.what i dislike about it is the steering
position after u install it.it extend ur steering 3" toward u.make me un-
comfortable to drive.

zeese5

Sep 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Once you install quick release steering, after that, you'll need another steering/column lock to avoid thief to put their own steering and run away with your car :burnout:

Then, you go back to the same basic question.. what is a good lock four steering column.. haha..

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
for car security......
-take off yr back bonnet key....
-change yr iginition key.....
-have a 2-way alarm or a gsm alarm.........
-put security tint........
-buy a solex pedal lock or steering lock.....

no more kepala pening ehh ?? remember this....
you can spend thousand of ringgit for your car to be nice,but can't you spend thousand ringgit for yr car security ?? same goes to yr family....
u can buy gift's to yr parents or sisters or brothers......
but your can save them from rapist or robbers........what's the point then ehh ?? stop wasting time and do it.......
and WHEN YOU PARK YR CAR.....DON'T LAA MASUK LORONG LORONG GELAP AND PARK THERE......

most case happend to gti's are parked outside house with standard alarm and bla bla bla bla........

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Partly correct. Car thefts now happen even during broad-daylight. What can you do? You can go and fit all the security alarms and safety for your car. But have you ever thought that when you go and fit these alarm and safety equipment onto your car, the person in that shop might make a duplicate of your car key. Does this mean that every time you go and fix something for your car you change your ignition key? Doubt so. About those steering lock etc, if someone wanna steal your car, they will be able to do so one. Many ways to solve these 'lock' issues.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hahaha...so difficult to avoid this car theft thingy.next time remove the ecu.
kaw tim.:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was my friend's car. Happened at Hartamas. The funny thing is, the thief stole the cd player and lcd. Smart tag still there. The weird thing is we dunno how the thief broke into. Glasses are all intact, no scrathes on the car and no door was broken. We even open the door using the remote. :-?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience