putting PZ stuff

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
erm hi...

i wan 2 ask u guys tat by putting in the cam n xtractor 4 4g15 will make the engine comsume more engine oil?
i was surprise when i check my engine oil n found out tat it is at its min...(from the oil dip)
thought tat my engine was old n the piston ring is old...so opt 2 transplant an engine n sold of the PZ stuff...
wat do i get...no more 'gone no where' engine oil...even after 3months from my previous oil change...my oil dip still at it near max level...(a bit gone...which i think its normal..)

perhaps u can xplain wether its the cam o xtractor tat is making tis kinda situation....

coz i want 2 get PZ xtractor 4 my coming 4g91 :lol:

no offence yeh...juz wan2 2 clarify

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your questions.

We shall look at the problem of excessive oil consumption in an objective manner based on sound technical evaluation and logic.

The function of the hi-performance camshaft is basically to increase the volumetric efficiency (VE) of the engine so that more air can be inducted into the cylinders to fill them up as much as possible. With more air the fuel is automatically calibrated by the ECU to provide the correct air-fuel mixture for combustion.
The extractor helps the scavenging process by syphoning away the exhaust gases during the exhaust stroke, so that more fresh air can take their place; less exhaust gases remain inside while more fresh air comes in, so better and more complete combustion, so more power output.

Looking at the above processes, there is no relation to burning off engine lubrication oil, except one. The engine can now rev at much higher rpm more willingly. This may cause the driver to drive more aggressively and more often. Hence, at higher and extended engine operating rpm, more engine oil is burnt off. Bear in mind, engine oil does burn off even during normal engine operation, but at more relaxed engine rpm, less oil is consumed, and it's usually unnoticeable.

The second situation where engine oil loss is accelerated is by using fully synthetic or thinner oils. This thin oil vaporises more and also by-passes the piston rings more, and so get burnt off more quickly.

The third possibility is wear and tear of the pistons and their rings. This situation allows more oil to by-pass the rings and get burnt off at a higher rate than normal.

So, the cam and extractor themselves do not actually cause the engine oil loss.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
oic...tats the reason...

THX a lot 4 the answer...

i might be getting a xtractor 4 my 4g91 soon...izit the same as the 1 of 4g15?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can any1 let me know where can i find a good workshop n good mechanics to modified a Satria GTi??price must be reasonable
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience