Proton Iriz!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
CV, can be writer already......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Which what my friend say is true, nowadays modifications definitions is LED, HID, DRL, Bodykits, Stickers and not concentrating on performance. All just want to look fast but not being fast.
The extreme badge did not say performance mah! P2 extreme badge for looks......hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
nowadays......almost every product got "geng" names.....

Just take food stuff and drinks for examples....

MONSTERS drink
NOS energy drink
Maggi Kari Meletop
Kopi Super Jantan
Livita EX!
Livita GO!

So, I wont be surprised in a few years, some parent would name his boy "Extreme".....
China parents have already been naming their kids like STORM, FIRE, EAGLE, HERO, THUNDER, KNIGHT, KING....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
nowadays......almost every product got "geng" names.....

Just take food stuff and drinks for examples....

MONSTERS drink
NOS energy drink
Maggi Kari Meletop
Kopi Super Jantan
Livita EX!
Livita GO!

So, I wont be surprised in a few years, some parent would name his boy "Extreme".....
China parents have already been naming their kids like STORM, FIRE, EAGLE, HERO, THUNDER, KNIGHT, KING....
Wajalution.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
I am still thinking about the term "global" used by proton. Whatever it mean.....

Will the car fulfils the global requirement (say, US, UK, Europe, China, etc), globally acceptable in the design sense? safety requirement and sold widely across the globe?

I am not questioning nor criticizing the global car, but proton has to make sure the term "global" they use really reflect its meaning.

Reminds me of Waja that Proton claimed to be the BMW of the East, or something like that....
they are pushing the "global" word.. but during the launch, Tun M said Iriz needs a new engine to compete globally :banghead:

the proton vvt engine could be good 10 years ago.. but its still rough and not refined by today's standard.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Cvkit's point is spot on regarding the Iriz. Which is why I'd get the 1.6 manual anyday over the weak 1.3. 1.3 Exec has no rear wiper though. So that's pretty cool, sure beats putting a teddy bear in place of the wiper (JDM stylo)

And I personaly think the Iriz suspension is way too hard. With 3 adults in the back (me being large in the back), the large sized sales woman in the front and a medium build driver, the suspension was surprisingly firm. If it wasn't loaded at all it probably would bounce all over the place.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
they are pushing the "global" word.. but during the launch, Tun M said Iriz needs a new engine to compete globally :banghead:

the proton vvt engine could be good 10 years ago.. but its still rough and not refined by today's standard.
Honda anyone? :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Will I get one if I'm looking for a car?:
Probably, but not now. Proton is famous for its first batches of new models. Most of the first batches have many problem which proton slowly rectifies one by one throughout the years. That's why they can sell a model for a decade. It is one of the cheapest car equipped with features we would like to have like ABS, airbag, and vsc. I believe many parents will get Iriz for their children, if they are not anti proton. I had tested many small cars like ford fiesta, Suzuki swift, honda jazz, kia picanto, Mitsubishi attrage, myvi, and a few others. While proton claimed that Iriz is benchmarked against the fiesta and polo, I feel that it is still far away from them. It is comparable on paper, but in actual it's totally different. However, it is comparable or better than some compact cars in some aspects. For example the ride is better than honda jazz, but not fiesta. I feel more comfortable in iriz than swift, but swift braking win hands down. Pros and cons, it all depends on what does one expect from it. Cheers :driver:
You own a Myvi, how does it compare?
You are looking for a car that drives A to B with reliability and purely as a city commuter car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wajalution.
This one is clone......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Cvkit's point is spot on regarding the Iriz. Which is why I'd get the 1.6 manual anyday over the weak 1.3. 1.3 Exec has no rear wiper though. So that's pretty cool, sure beats putting a teddy bear in place of the wiper (JDM stylo)

And I personaly think the Iriz suspension is way too hard. With 3 adults in the back (me being large in the back), the large sized sales woman in the front and a medium build driver, the suspension was surprisingly firm. If it wasn't loaded at all it probably would bounce all over the place.
Fuh! sound like my VR with full adjustable......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Honda anyone? :rofl:
Re-badge the old City?....:rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You own a Myvi, how does it compare?
You are looking for a car that drives A to B with reliability and purely as a city commuter car.
I wish I had more time and roads to test the Iriz for a comparison. If I'm looking for a Point A to Point B car, I'll most probably still stick to the myvi because I have more confidence that it wont fail. Not to say that Proton will surely fail (fail as in sini koyak sana breakdown), but the Iriz has no history so far. The only history it has is Proton's reputation.

If compare the ride, Iriz is better. Body roll is lesser, steering feels more solid, brakes...well just as rubbish as myvi actually..ok mayb abit better. Speakers are better, bla bla bla in all way, it is a better car compared to the myvi because it is made to beat the myvi. However, myvi has an advantage of power over weight ratio.

I nearly got myself a Fiesta before getting a myvi. The only holdback was fiesta got no f-king manual!! So I got a myvi manual instead, at a more cheaper price tag of course. So I was thinking why not use the $$ to play with the myvi and see what i can get out from it? My myvi is still no match to a fiesta now even after some mods. But is it less fun? I believe Izso, Suprafan, Stupidcar could tell..:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I am still thinking about the term "global" used by proton. Whatever it mean.....

Will the car fulfils the global requirement (say, US, UK, Europe, China, etc), globally acceptable in the design sense? safety requirement and sold widely across the globe?

I am not questioning nor criticizing the global car, but proton has to make sure the term "global" they use really reflect its meaning.

Reminds me of Waja that Proton claimed to be the BMW of the East, or something like that....
i mean its ready to accept any country specific regulation on car specification and safety.....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I nearly got myself a Fiesta before getting a myvi. The only holdback was fiesta got no f-king manual!! So I got a myvi manual instead, at a more cheaper price tag of course. So I was thinking why not use the $$ to play with the myvi and see what i can get out from it? My myvi is still no match to a fiesta now even after some mods. But is it less fun? I believe Izso, Suprafan, Stupidcar could tell..:biggrin:
I hate the Myvi. And I hate the Myvi because I have two different generation Myvis at home and I hate both.

If you ask me if it's fun, hell no. Is it fast? Yes and no. It's agile, fast maybe not so much.

I'd like to see you go again same roads without the 205/50/15 RSRs. :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I hate the Myvi. And I hate the Myvi because I have two different generation Myvis at home and I hate both.

If you ask me if it's fun, hell no. Is it fast? Yes and no. It's agile, fast maybe not so much.

He downgrading to 195 also haha! Contact patch reduced too. :biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

hahaha dont lah hate kancil and myvi :rofl:

well if i remove the rsr and use back conti cc5, i would like to have you beside me to feel the thrill :rofl:

That y i said it all depends on what do you want from a car, as you can always mod it to be fun. Compare a stock myvi with mine, i'll enjoy more in mine. But I might enjoy more in a stock fiesta

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

People going PS3 ohhhh.
Lets see man...maybe that time no budget then i might choose other alternatives.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If only the Iriz is fitted with turbo then same like Preve xD then only worth the price.
Imagine if they do something like Iriz R3 with 1.6 Campro CFE. It would be even better if they give it the 6 speed manual gearbox that is seen in the manual Suprima S test car. Probably a larger rim like 16" would help too. If priced around 70k to 80k, then the deal should sound good enough.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Which what my friend say is true, nowadays modifications definitions is LED, HID, DRL, Bodykits, Stickers and not concentrating on performance. All just want to look fast but not being fast.
Haha, during older days many cars are actually fast with good performance but they looked like no different from ordinary cars. Like the old EG9 Civic Ferio SiR that comes with B16A...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Imagine if they do something like Iriz R3 with 1.6 Campro CFE. It would be even better if they give it the 6 speed manual gearbox that is seen in the manual Suprima S test car. Probably a larger rim like 16" would help too. If priced around 70k to 80k, then the deal should sound good enough.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Haha, during older days many cars are actually fast with good performance but they looked like no different from ordinary cars. Like the old EG9 Civic Ferio SiR that comes with B16A...

Then the Price gonna be sky high than the priced of the 1.6L Variants.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Want to be among the first to own the Toyota 86? Well, better put down your orders down now as the bookings for the Subaru BRZ’s twin is now open! According to the indicative on-the-road price released by UWM Toyota Motor, the 2.0l FR machine’s price will be at RM 243,000 for the manual transmission, and an extra RM 6,000 if one fancies the automatic. But there’s no further word yet on whether there are any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience