Proton chief : Proton will merge with Perodua, Najib said must merge now before AFTA

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Re: Proton chief : Proton will merge with Perodua, Najib said must merge now before A

i see a lot of comments saying P1 this....P1 that....but how about P2? do they really need P1 to stay competitive? what does Daihatsu have to say about this? are they starting to get worried that once(read as IF EVER) they open the floodgates, P1 will crumble under the strain of needing to be as lean as all the other players? do they plan to prop P2 as the backbone to take the brunt of it while keeping P1 afloat? i'm sorry...not bashing P1 or anything but thats what i read into the news...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Re: Proton chief : Proton will merge with Perodua, Najib said must merge now before A

i see a lot of comments saying P1 this....P1 that....but how about P2? do they really need P1 to stay competitive? what does Daihatsu have to say about this? are they starting to get worried that once(read as IF EVER) they open the floodgates, P1 will crumble under the strain of needing to be as lean as all the other players? do they plan to prop P2 as the backbone to take the brunt of it while keeping P1 afloat? i'm sorry...not bashing P1 or anything but thats what i read into the news...
Arturo san, IMO P1 is doing no good in the market throughout their business, always avoid problems rather than solve problems ... If they try to make P1 stay competitive, i think the one and only way is to increase the imported car taxation to force us Rakyat to buy proton cars ... Not to say proton cars are no good, but it is not up to the value we are paying for ... As for P2, i have not much of negative comments towards their products, at least it is better than P1, still problematic, but less and some of the P2 boys willing to solve problems ... At least i have less driver mates complained about their P2 cars are problematic ...

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006

if merge then p1 will be under toyota family tree where Daihatsu is 1 of toyota leaf... wonder how is toyota respond to this request?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

y wanna merge? p1 wanna die, die alone le........p2 is doing so good....i dont think they wanna merge....thats y la...last time p1 wanna merge wid VW but p1 too arrogant....now crawling bck to VW...u think they still want p1 to be their joint venture ah? i dun think so.....

even p1 owns lotus, but their cars are still crappy.....im a proton owner but seriously their quality are not up to standards...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

No hope one la except they employ a professional to manage the company. Who t.f in this world so smart, launch 2 new models of same category cars and keep at least 3 similar models in the showroom for sale for more than don't know how many years. If design ok then never mind but look like the idea was from some design books back to early of 90's. Marketing sense is solely based on the price range that fits into the gab in Malaysia but never ask how many people who buy its car is because forced by the economy condition.

A car maker which don't have the spirit of making a good car, merge or not merge will be the same. Tapao sometimes will be better. Just sell off 51% share to big player and keep quiet while earning the money.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand

P1 had a great opportunity to grow n be world class back in the 80s...when they exporting the saga in the UKs, even topgear liked the car. it was a car with ambition n u can see it was built with pride. fast forward 20 years and nowadays P1 cars are built to make as much RM as it can. i find it very hard to believe that a local car manufacturer cannot get it together and at least make some profit even with all the incentives n benefits it is getting rite now. i would really like to see how P1 does if it is fully privatized and ran like a normal PTE...the question is do they dare do it?

a little off-topic...another baby is shown to be lousier than a non-baby-tised company ; Air-Asia VS MAS.

themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/airasia-beat-mas-on-passenger-volume-in-2009/

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell

My deepest condolence to Perodua, Your baggage is going to be enourmous. :biggrin:

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site

If merger, hopefully they can create a prestige, effective and quality car lor..:driver:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

if P1 doin good enough for their manufacturing business (good performance,good design etc) then there will be no wira evo ,perdana evo etc around then...... if jpj tahan u and ask y mod ur P1 car, just say P1 dunno how 2 to car then i help them do :burnout: i think if P1 merge P2 will pull P2 down 2...... instead merging i think they should both find good ideas on how to make good quality car 1st la

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth

I think P1 should stop RnD new engines, and start doing same like P2, using same jap designs and rebadge. Until such time P1 have full sufficient knowledge in RnD in engines, chassis, safety, then only start doing their thing again.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand

I think P1 should stop RnD new engines, and start doing same like P2, using same jap designs and rebadge. Until such time P1 have full sufficient knowledge in RnD in engines, chassis, safety, then only start doing their thing again.
P1 is so very stuckup...huge corporation like VW comes offering partnership but they turn down. now they wanna go begging VW for a deal again. granted i have no idea whether the original deal was lopsided towards VW or not, but when u cant stand on yr own 2 feet....any deal is better than sucking dry yr own supporter's cash to stay afloat.

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth

actualy VW wanted more "share" as a big holder, but P1 refuse. Haih, rakyat suffer. buy P1 not very reliable, buy other japs car, 200% tax. no eye see

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand

if i not mistaken...all of VW's subsidiaries are doing very well....better management, better tech, better logistics for parts n shareability of bits n pieces to help improve the economies of scale. my opinion is we're just to egoistical to admit we need help and we've screwed up big time.

whats this rumours i've been hearing about 2nd hand spareparts n halfcuts being bannned from 2011 onwards? to help promote buying P1 n P2?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys ... another GTI belonging to an ex-colleague of mine got stolen in Taman Desa on Thursday, 26th October.

Everthing original except with nice rims, plate number bearing
WKP 7052

Got any lead, I think can straight away call the local authorities liao....

Sigh, wonder how can these pathetic people live their life each day by making other people's life a misery.

>:P
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience