pros and cons of lightweight flywheel and racing clutch??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rinagi

500 RPM
anyone here can tell the pros and cons of lightweight flywheel and racing clutch??

lightened flywheel requires a lot of inertia coming out of conners especially on track. This requires you to have constant high rev's to be bale to keep a linear powerband. If you for example loose the rev build up it takes slower to build up.

will you guys consider changing to both racing clutch and lightweight flywheel for city/urban driving??
i'm someone who like to play around with my car on street. not going circuit/track.

Last edited:
rinagi,

Please, do not play around with your car on street. Please do it in the track/circuit. YOu wanna get hurt, dont hurt innocent ppl on the street.

THanks...

rinagi said:
will you guys consider changing to both racing clutch and lightweight flywheel for city/urban driving??
i'm someone who like to play around with my car on street. not going circuit/track.

yeah that's right... play.. but play at the playground.....

lightened flywheel will cause u to loose top speed but will greatly increase your acceleration and low end response... they need less centrifugal acceleration to spin the flywheel.... during cornering... when u let go... the flywheel loses inertia too fast like what dev says.... in a layman term.... the RPM drops too fast instead of the weight carries to spin longer.

clutch is how hard ur clutch can take the power.... when ur power goes too much.. u want a clutch that can able to transmit ur powers to your gearboxes. if not... u'll encounter slippage... or in-efficient energy transfer...

normal cars putting in racing clutch will give u hard time to stop and go at city driving.. too easy to stall. but it will gain some power upon installation.

Suggested post every 5mins

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom